Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rakesh kumar   28 December 2021

Withholding of my father's death certificate by my siblings

Hii
My father passed away last year. My brother and sister has his death certificate. We have family issues within ourselves so they are not sharing the death certificate with me.

I need the death certificate for my own record. I wanted if their is any legal remedy that can be helpful in this matter as they are clearly withholding the information that I am legally allowed to have.

Kindly help.

Learning

4 Replies

SHIRISH PAWAR, 7738990900 (Advocate)     28 December 2021

Hello,

You can get additional copy of death certificate from local Registrar, Birth and Death office. It is also available online.

Rakesh kumar   28 December 2021

Thank you for the response.

Sir, as my father is from Punjab, there is no online service to download death certificate without knowing serial number etc.

If you can suggest any site please do. Also, in the local registrar or birth and death office, what information will I need to get the certificate?

Please reply.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     29 December 2021

Contact local municipal authorites for another copy, however, it is not a legal query.

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 December 2021

You must be knowing at least the place of death, and the date of such death or if your siblings have submitted such a copy to any PSU bank or Government authority.  A death certificate is a public record.   If such a copy was already produced before any authority, you can file an RTI application and get such a  certified copy.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register