Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Srinivasan VP (Engr)     29 July 2013

Will registration

Dear Sir,

My grandfather has written a Will mentioning his property has to be divided for two grandsons (Myself and brother), since we were minor when the will was written, my parents were mentioned as guardians for us.  We are now major and we are trying to register the Will document and split the property to get register by individually. My Grandfather and Father are no more.

After the split, I would like to register my share to my son, who is minor now.

Please guide us how to proceed with formalities legally.

Thanks,

Srinivasan VP

Learning

5 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     29 July 2013

first apply and obtain legal heir certificate from the authorities concerned and the property given through the WILL be mutuated in your names (you and your brother) in the revenue/muncipal records as per will.  After mutuation partition deed be registered dividing the property as per Will.

This is suggestive

Amit Gupta (Advocate)     29 July 2013

Dear Sir,

better option is u file a suit for partition against ur brother stating that the property belongs to ur grandfather and by virtue of will u both r the cosharer of the property. ad a compromise decree and then pay the stap duty acording the rates, and get a final decree.

u will become absolute owner then u can further will or gift the same to ur son.

regards

1 Like

Srinivasan VP (Engr)     30 July 2013

Thanks You Amit Sir, Your suggestion would be help for us. Since the relationship is good with my brother, does it make any critical if I file a suit. Please let us know how long will take to complete the whole legal process.

Amit Gupta (Advocate)     30 July 2013

Dear Sir,

since u have good relations with ur brother it wont take very long...take ur brother into confidence, file the suit, file the written statement asap...and suit will be decided on the basis of compromise...

regards

Srinivasan VP (Engr)     31 July 2013

Thanks a lot Amit sir. It helps a lot to proceed further and resolve.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register