Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What should i do - ex-parte decree

Page no : 2

rajiv_lodha (zz)     12 March 2012

If hubby gets divorce on cruelty grounds, n he is not aware of 90days appeal period, n marries again, what will be the status of 2nd wife?

pkumar (Confidential)     16 March 2012

Thank you Shonee Kapoor. Because of your consistent replies and those of other I got hold of the girls docs.

I am in process of getting the same verified........and shall get the results in a day or so. However Many people have questioned the short period of just 2.5 months of the girls stay in Mauritius......obviously which I am worried for as well.

Several other concerns have been raised by my well wishers, which i am listing below:-

1.) Is there a possibility that the girl might have done something illegal and then escaped from the country without getting caught - How can I Verify this?

2.) The reason given by the girl is that from the very begining she was abused and threatened - Is it possible that within 2.5 months she comes back and does not return - How can I verify her claims?

3.) As this is Ex-Parte case, it is quite possible that the girl could get the case get skewed in her favour - How can I get the actual facts from the Girl and verify the reason of her leaving Mauritius??

Guys it is question of my life and I shall be highly obliged and greatful to get answers for all the points above.

Thank you all so much to guide me in right direction.

Regards

Pkumar

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 March 2012

pkumar,

You are suspicious that is why so many queries are cropping in your head. So better cross-check all facts.

Rajiv,

If the other party challanges the divorce decree, the said 2nd marriage would be null and void. And also the husband can be prosecuted for bigamy.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

PS: Ignorance of law is no defence ever

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     19 September 2013

I agree with above experts.  As per sec. 15 of HMA, one can get married again after getting the divorce confirmed after the appeal period of 90 days.  It is better to wait for one year and then marry to avoid further complications. 

rajiv_lodha (zz)     19 September 2013

But if opp party is still not aware of such exparte decree, then how come this 1yr period is a "safe one"?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register