Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dibya Ghosh (Investigator)     21 February 2012

What is macc no/fir no/crime no/ and charge sheet no?

Can someone help me ? Just let me know in brief...

1. What is the difference between MACC No/MACT No? (I know it is Motor Accident Claim Case or Tribunal). However, is it different from FIR No?

2. What is Crime Number? And what is the difference between FIR Number? (In case of TP Claims Motor Accident)

3. What is a Charge Sheet Number? Who issues the Charge Sheet (Police Station or the concerned Court)? 

Can somebody please take the responsibility of helping me with the above mentioned questions.

Regards,

D. Ghosh.

Learning

7 Replies

venkatkrishna (AGM)     21 February 2012

Dear Dibya Ghosh

The process in case of Accident case.

1.On receiving the information of Accident Police will register case i.e  FIR.  Inthe FIR they metion the Crime Number .  

2. The Police will arrest the Driver and produce before the Magistrate with FIR.  The Court will  allot  a  Case Number. That  is different from the Crime number.

3.Charge Sheet -  On completion of the investigation by police,  Police will file a charge sheet with all details.  The time limit as per rule is 90 days to file the charge sheet.

4. MACT Case  number  is  different :  Either the  victtim,  or  leagal heirs of the  deceased person in the accident  may  seek  compensation  from the  Ower  or Insurance Co of th Vehicle or both  for  the accidnt caused due to negligent driving .   The Tribunal may decide the compensation on the basis of % disability .

regards...Vaishnav

Rajeev Kumar (Lawyer/Advocate)     21 February 2012

Venkat has rightly advised you

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     23 February 2012

I agree

YATENDRA KUMAR (ADVOCATE)     24 February 2012

whenever the accident or a incident took place, i mean a crime occured then the investigation starts from filing First Information report ( FIR ). after filing FIR the accused may be arrested or may not be traced. if the accused is shown arrested, the police have to produce the accused before the magistrate after completing the medical checkup within 24 hours. then the magistrate orders the police to send the accused for remand quite naturally it will not more than 15 days. at that time the advocate can move the bail petition after ordering the remand date.  whereas the remand date is to be mentioned in the bail application. after that the bail may be granted according the will and aish of the magistrate, even though the sections are bailable or non bailable. if all the sections bailable we can go to the dist court or the apex court for complying the lower court decission. if it is a accident case the wound certificate plays the important role for granting bail. if the FIR is filed under sections 337, 338 is not a big issue. if the victim died means 304A is filed. no bail will be granted. sometimes the FIR is filed under sections 338 IPC means severe injuries. later few days the victim died while under going treatment, the FIR will be altered as 304A and the FIR altered report will be submitted to the magistrate. basing on all the facts charge sheet will be filed within the stipulated  period 90 days.    

why i said all the above is in every crime whether it is accident or murder the process is same. but the sections differs

the court never file anything it just orders the Station House Officer to file the necessary.

MVOP actually its abrivation is motor vehicle original petition, but our advocates are callint it as MOP

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register