LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Amit (Prop)     09 May 2024

Ucc 1 financing statement

I have received a UCC 1 financing statement notice through a lawyer on my email.

It says that there is a blanket lien on my parents property as a decade ago they had signed a shareholding agreement for a company based in Canada. They have both expired before this was enforced. Legal heirs consent is not taken. Also there is no filing date or acknowledgement on the UCC 1 statement.

The lawyer says he has filed a case in Bhopal after filing the UCC 1 in International association of commercial administration. He wont share the case number (in bhopal), also the property is in Madhya Pradesh but not in Bhopal. Bhopal also does not have a High Court. No documents relied upon have also been shared with me.

How can I find out if the UCC 1 was actually filed?

I was since then asked to agree to certain things to arrive at a family settlement and promised filing of UCC 3. But the same is still not being removed. This communication was through email.

Should I contest the UCC 1 as it was filed just to make me agree to the family settlement or file a UCC 3?

One of my relatives is a partmer in the Ltd company based in Canada.

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     09 May 2024

Your post has not adequate details to enable us to render proper opinion to your query, hence you batter approach a local lawyer and seek suggestions to solve the issue.

Also please avoid repeating the same question in different threads of this website. 

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     10 May 2024

I agree with the advise of expert Mr. T Kalaiselvan.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register