Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     07 May 2013

Waiting for any action from police after caw proceedings

Dear Ld members,

My wife filed a case against me and my family for demanding dowry and physical harrassment with CAW Cell / Mahila Thana. I attended all the 3 meetings and finally gave my written statement. After that I didn't received any communication from police neither we received any court summon. It has been more than a month now when I gave my written statement in CAW cell. I checked the cause list of the district court (online) and didn't find any case pending against me.

I asked the elders of my family to talk to them for MCD and to know the current situation but my wife's father didn't replied. I want to know what should be my next step. I spoke to the lady incharge for our case at CAW cell and she informed that after my written statement they asked my wife and her father what they want to do and he stated that they want to file the FIR. So, CAW cell submitted their report to SP that councelling has been failed and the girl side wants to register the case. They refused to share any document with me. So, I only have the notice which I received from CAW when my wife filed the case.

PS: - The marriage is 1 yr and 3 months old and we are living separately from last 11 months. I don't want to live with my wife as she is of unaccomodated nature.

Thanks

Learning

11 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     07 May 2013

Under Section 13B of the Hindu Marriage Act, a husband and wife can file a mutual divorce only when they have lived apart for at least a year. The couple must jointly mention about their inability to continue the marital relationship due to some unavoidable circumstances. Both the sides must voluntarily agree to dissolve the marriage.

The filing of a mutual divorce by both the husband and the wife is termed as ‘the first motion’. A couple can file for a second motion after a gap of six months. The six months time span is provided to the couple so that they get the time to reconsider their marriage.

RAKHI BUDHIRAJA ADVOCATE (LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA)     07 May 2013

Mr. Vishal,

No need to say that u want to initiate divorce proceedings or u want to get divorce!!!!!!!! U can call me for further details with rtegard to ur case.

(Guest)

Agree with learned advocate...You talk about divorce,they start bargaining for lakhs.

(Guest)
@ vishal what according to you is unaccomodated nature? please elaborate and what made you marry her?

Vishal Kumar (Asst. manager)     08 May 2013

Thanks everyone for your response. I have been advised by a senior advocate that I should file RCR and thereafter I should go for AB against the complaint filed by my wife in CAW. This will help to reduce maintenance if she ask under DV act and will act as a shield against her FIR and will later help me in getting divorce.

I know that as soon as I will file RCR she will say that she is ready to cohibit with me irrespective of whatever temrs & conditions I put in the same.  But I don't want to live with her now as she will do the same thing which she did last time. All she wants to separate me from my family. She says that since she has left her family for me so now this is my moral duty to leave my family as well. This is what her dad did and they also presurrized her elder sister's husband to do the same thing and they were successful. Now its my turn.

The reason she wants to come back now is because she has 2 elder brothers who are now 30 and 28 in age (elder than her as she is 25) and are unmarried. Now if this case prolongs so it will add to their difficulty.

The question which I want to ask is if I apply for RCR and she accepts to live with me then is it binding for me to live with her. Is it possible that I win the case and still do not live with her. Can she force me to abide by the court's order with the help of protection officer or PS.

(Guest)

Originally posted by : Vishal Kumar

Thanks everyone for your response. I have been advised by a senior advocate that I should file RCR and thereafter I should go for AB against the complaint filed by my wife in CAW. This will help to reduce maintenance if she ask under DV act and will act as a shield against her FIR and will later help me in getting divorce.

I know that as soon as I will file RCR she will say that she is ready to cohibit with me irrespective of whatever temrs & conditions I put in the same. 

But I don't want to live with her now as she will do the same thing which she did last time.

If you dont want to live with her now, take a hut on rent, make sure its a one bedroom hut with holes in the ceiling and rats crawling everywhere in the slums of mumbai, then you will see how much she really wants to live with you.

All she wants to separate me from my family.

If that were the case, was it mentioned beforehand in any kind of agreement that she needs a separate house etc ie at the time of marriage?

She says that since she has left her family for me so now this is my moral duty to leave my family as well.

Indian family system says, woman leaves and joins her husband, nowhere it is written that the husband should also leave his parentage after getting married, if it is so, there should have been an agreement on this.

It was for you to convince your wife as to how to go about when she is with you, that to accept you living with your parentage etc.  I think you have tried but it has been a utter failure to convince her.

This is what her dad did and they also presurrized her elder sister's husband to do the same thing and they were successful.

If you had known about what her dad did, you should have been a bit cautious, should not have taken the first step in that case, as such people are dominating kind of people, they are selfish and they think only about themselves.  It would have been apt if not an agreement in writing, atleast they would have let you know as to what they would seek after marriage.

Now its my turn.

The reason she wants to come back now is because she has 2 elder brothers who are now 30 and 28 in age (elder than her as she is 25) and are unmarried. Now if this case prolongs so it will add to their difficulty.

Exactly. 

The question which I want to ask is if I apply for RCR and she accepts to live with me then is it binding for me to live with her.

Yes there is a sort of legal binding, but the court cannot make you have s*x with your wife.

It would be meaningless to say like, I want you back, but I dont want to live with you, it destroys the main cause of RCR ie restitution of conjugal rights.  Even if you do, you should say that after living with her for a sample period of 1 week or 15 days whatever the judge finds suitable for you both.  And in that period you can note down, make VDO recordings etc to prove why you cant live with her, then after completion of sample period of 1 week etc you can come back to court and tell, sir, I cannot live with this woman for such such reasons.

Is it possible that I win the case and still do not live with her.

For that you have to prove to court that she though is willing to live with you is complaining of such such things, like AC not there, fan not there, honnymoon bed not there, waterbed not there for having s*x, you dont provide her with 5 star hotel food, there is no lawn in front of the house, there is no roof top swimming pool, you dont know to cook etc.. or she is bringing her boyfriend to home etc..so you cannot live with her.

Can she force me to abide by the court's order with the help of protection officer or PS.

Since you have filed for RCR and if she is accepting to come back, then there is no question of force.

if she were to have filed RCR then all the force is possible, with protection officeer and/or PS via DV act.  RCR alone does not have the power to make a man cohabit with wife with help of police force.  It can  be done via DV.

@ Helping hand...

In DV case I think she can only ask for RTR and maintenance. My family has disowned me so I don't have any property in my name... no home. I am living in PG with other boys. Thec city is far away from my parents home and my wife's home. So, as per my understanding I have to arrange for an accomodation for her or pay rent and pay maintenance which can be max. upto 30% of my salary. Ofcourse I will fight to reduce it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

*RTR = rught to residence

(Guest)
Originally posted by : Vishal Kumar

@ Helping hand...

In DV case I think she can only ask for RTR and maintenance. My family has disowned me so I don't have any property in my name... no home.

Disowning should have taken place before the date of marriage, ie if you should not have had anything in your name at the time of marriage only then the disowning trick will work.

I am living in PG with other boys. Thec city is far away from my parents home and my wife's home.

Beware, you staying in PG accomodation is a trick which might work, unless if you both have not stayed at your parents house [last].  If you have stayed together at your parents house, then your wife can ask for her to be placed in parent-in-laws house which is the last place of residence for both of you.

So, as per my understanding I have to arrange for an accomodation for her or pay rent and pay maintenance which can be max. upto 30% of my salary. Ofcourse I will fight to reduce it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Partly right.

Under DV she can get exparte orders for residence, the place where you both stayed last, ie your parents house and can barge in with the help of police.

She can claim maintenance.

She can claim rent.

*RTR = rught to residence

@Helping hand

I am keeping an eye on the cause list of the district court and till now there is no case filed by them. Secondly, that is not a shared houselhold as per the DV act. The house is in the name of my mother and they have jointly disowned me so my parents can file objection and get the same in their favour.

I request other ld members to add value to this discussion.

Harsh (Manager)     08 May 2013

@author,

1)If you are living alone and away from your parents, well and good. i dont think you should file for RTR, serves no purpose.

If you are living with others, go and get a PG accomodation immediately and change your correspondence address at your work and few other places.

2) If SHE files RTR, you can very well say you want to restore the relationship. Ask her to come to your PG or ask for some time so you can arrange a small, cheap 1 BHK. She has lived so long with her parents, she can live for few more weeks.

3) Filing a Divorce petition - may help you with Anticipatory Bail. At this point that is the only thing you should expect

4) You should LET HER file for divorce - ideally this is better because then you can play with her.

I dont think your wife will file for RTR. Now she just wants divorce and a lot of money - my guess.

Her running age is your trump card, NOTHING ELSE.

This 498a game by greedy uncultured wives - is just a mind game. Dangle a carrot long enough so you can get prepared for any court cases. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     06 June 2013

No need to keep eye on cause list police will come to home when FIR is filed.

How the things went wrong iwthin one year?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register