Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CHANDRASEKARAN S (deputy manager)     22 November 2014

Vacating the tenant

Dear Sir,

I have let out my house to my sister for rent. She is not paying rent. In the meanwhile, she has included my self earned property as my father's property and filed a partition suit. it was decreed that her claim of one share in my property, the house she is staying now. the judgement has come in Jun14. I have sent a letter to vacate my house. she has received the same and no reply from her. i want to sell  my house. how can i vacate my sister from my house.she is not paying rent for the past 7 years. Please advise

Learning

3 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     23 November 2014

Since the court order is in favour of your sister, you can do nothing. You cannot vacate her.  As she is declared as sharer of your property, you cannot claim arrears of rent also.  It is better to file an Appeal against the court order before the Superior court. 

CHANDRASEKARAN S (deputy manager)     23 November 2014

Originally posted by : Ravinder.P

Since the court order is in favour of your sister, you can do nothing. You cannot vacate her.  As she is declared as sharer of your property, you cannot claim arrears of rent also.  It is better to file an Appeal against the court order before the Superior court. 

Dear Sir,

Thank u. In the message. i made a mistake. the court in its judgement said that my property is not included for partition. she included three items. 1. my father's property at chennai 2. FDR in Bank 3. my property at trichy. but in the judgement decreed only for the chennai property, which is my father's name. . my sister's other two claims were dismissed by court. Since the trichy property, she is occupying. I have sent a letter to vacate the house. But she has not even responded to my letter. How to make her vacate my house from trichy. whether this decree will do. or separately i have to go for civil case of eviction . Please guide me.

(Guest)

file a eviction suit..in case if she has stopped paying rent completely,then it is a good cause for eviction as well..

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register