Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Update in mothers surname in the minor child’s passport

Update in mothers surname in the minor child’s passport

Hi The passport of my son age 16 years is due for renewal. His biological father is deceased . I have remarried . The update is required due to following reasons : 1. Validity to expire in six months 2.change in the surname of mother due to second marriage 3 . The passport of son does not have biological father’s name and the passport is made on my behalf as single parent with my maiden name I.e Shivani sharma 4 I updated my passport after remarriage with new surname and spouse name in it .(Shivani Gupta ) 5.Minor son cleared 10th class 4. The school 10 class certificate and the birth certificate is in my first name Shivani (no surname ) along with biological fathers name 5 the other documents like Aadhar ,pan, driving licence , bank accounts are in my maiden name Shivani sharma except the passport which has new surname Shivani Gupta in it. I have a news paper cuttings specifying the change of name . What else documents do I need for the renewal of my sons passport ?Kindly guide Thanks Shivani

Learning

2 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 June 2023

It is the change in mother's name in the minor son's passport.

You have to apply for reissue of passport.

In the reissue application you can mention all the changes and attach all the necessary documents to prove the changes to be made in your son's passport to that of his previous passport.

But remember that without your son being legally  adopted by your current husband, the name of your second husband cannot be replaced or inserted in the father's name column of his passport.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     13 June 2023

Just fill the form and mention your updated name therein , you need to submit your pasport copy along, that is all. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register