Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dhruv   25 August 2015

Tikona harassing me

Hi

I am using a tikona connection (User ID : 1113946447) since July 01, 2015 and had paid 2 months advance rent i.e. till september. On august 1st, 2015 i had applied for disconnection ( conversation recording available) i also made the customer care executive speak the service request number. I was told that the disconnection will happen in 15days. However this is against TRAI's rule of disconnection in 7days but still i was ok. Its been 25 days since and i have received no response from their side. All this time i have been calling cutomer care and have been given false promises that today i will get call for disconnection etc. But i never get a call. I am moving out of the city now and have no option than to leave their device and connection as it is. I am afraid that after september they will still charge me and as i have read on multiple forums they will harass me with recovery agents threatening with legal action. What can i do to get the connection disconnected immediately?
Would i be right in not paying the bill if generated and leaving the connection as it is since they are not willing to disconnect. I have all the recordings of conversation with customer care, emails and planning to send the same to the customer care and appellate authority through mail as a last resort to get the connection disconnected.Please help.

Thanks

Dhruv

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 August 2015

In both 'Forum' and 'Experts' section there is an option to search . Just type 'Tikona' in box provided on Right hand side titled as 'Search Q & A' and   ‘Search Topics & Posts' and you will get access to unlimited number of threads on M/s Tikona.

The customer care team of M/s Tikona has also posted in some threads.

Write to the email id fprovided by M/s Tikona and narrate all calls (mention phone numbers/dates/names/disconnection reference number etc) and attach the call recording too, and claim that they should have disconnected in 7days, and mark a copy to TRAI,DOT.

Mention that you shall be leaving the city by dated………………….and company should act within dated………………and come to you on dated…………….at time ……………..

Demand to send their authorized representative (demand to send in writing by email  his/her I.Card copy,phone number,name address,email id, and his/her managers’s phone number/name /address/email id to collect the device (mention UID of device/make/model number etc) under proper acknowledgment on the spot. If the authorized representative does not bring any receipt on prescribed stationary of M/s Tikona then videograph the whole handover and send it by email to M/s Tikona, and mark a copy to TRAI,DOT.

If possible keep witnesses.

Demand FnF and refund if any.

Thereafter you have the option to pull them to DCDRF.

Nitish Banka (lawyer)     29 August 2015

Dear Dhruv

Issue legal notice

file case in consumer forum

Thanks & Regards,

Adv. Nitish Banka

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register