LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Petitioner Inperson (XYZ)     28 October 2014

Tampering, fabrication, theft of evidence from case file

Staff of the Distt. Consumer Forum, habitually performing theft, tampering, fabrication of evidences from my case files pending before forum. How to redress this activity and what is the procedure, have already informed the Judge not taken any action, staff told that he is doing, what he was directed to do.

Please tell me procedures to redress this.

Learning

4 Replies

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     29 October 2014

1. File an application before the members enclosing the documents which have been stolen to have the incidence on record,

2. In case of any adverse order for absence of filed document, you can use this application before the State Consumer Commission while filing an appeal for getting relief.

Petitioner Inperson (XYZ)     29 October 2014

Mr. Ganguly, Thanks a lot for kind attention and suggestion. I have already done this, and appeal U.Sec.17.1.b of C.P. Act 1986 was decided in my favor, SCDRC directed to file fresh evidences before forum in that case.

but now the staff, has committed same activity with my another case file. Self attested Exhibits of another complaint have been theft/concealed, and fresh unsigned photocopies of same evidences/exhibits have been attached to said complaint.

While it is available on records that Learned Presiding Officer after verification of evidences was satisfied on first hearing date that cause is sufficient to issue notice to the Respondents, and he recorded that petitioner at this stage does not wants to give any other evidences and closed his evidences. But after appereance of Respondents this happened with me once again. I applied for certified copy of case records and daily orders, once again record room of forum denied exhibits of complaint and stated that certified copies of photostats may not be given as these are mere photostats and even not signed by anyone.

Now, this is the height of harassment and corruption so that i am looking for a procedure to redress this activity.

K.K.Ganguly (Advocate)     30 October 2014

1. Record room can not act on its own,

2. File a petition before the Forum detailing the incidence and praying for a direction to issue certified copy of the document ask for by you with in 7 days,

3. If it is not given then the matter will be recorded in tye next day's order sheet whose photocopy you can collect.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 November 2014

The record room staff cannot unilaterally decide about refusing to furnish the requested copies after complying with the necessary formalities meant for it.  As suggested, you may file an application in the open forum giving the details of the mishaps and reluctance of the staff in the forum, which will be signed and recorded in the notes paper by the judge after which if there is no relief, you may approach the State commission with this grievance too.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register