Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

kundu (SSE)     18 January 2014

Suicidal case

Hi All,

need a very urgent and quick information from all expert, One of my friend got indulged in a situation where a girl (age around 19) committed suicide and mention his name on the note as "XYZ is responsible for my death". 

Details :- The girl was in love with the boy, it was a one sided love the boy was not in contact and ignoring her calls. he didn't respond any thing from last 5 months by depression that girl took this extreme step.

so just need your suggestion what to do further, girl side hasn't lodge any complaint yet incident happened  today morning itself, police didn't contact to boy yet. what step should be taken to handle the further actions. i.e is it going to be a criminal charge on he boy (although he is innocent and doesn't have any role on this, he is a qualified engineer) or what would be the consequences going to happen? generally what further action police use to take on these scenarios.

Please help he and his family is in really very bad situation

thank & regards,

Ghanshyam

Learning

7 Replies

Rohan Pradhan (Legal Officer)     18 January 2014

Mr. Kundu, you have definitely missed some important facts to mention.

My ques is that, how do you know that the girl has mentioned your friends name in the suicide note?

i came to know about that from a common friend of mine who is a relative to the victim and a close knit to girls family

thanks sir for your valuable reply

i came to know about that from a common friend of mine who is a relative to the victim and a close knit to girls family

by googling i got a link which give me some relief

https://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2010-07-29/mumbai/28276041_1_abetment-suicide-note-mens-rea

Kappil Cchandna (Expert Bail & Criminal Defence Lawyer at Delhi Supreme Court of India)     19 January 2014

Dear,

Merely mentioning would not amount to Dying Declaration, if no connection whatsoever is being made out. Some causal connection must be shown to have existed before it had happened.

Advocate Kapil Chandna

kundu (SSE)     19 January 2014

Thanks Kapil sir

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 January 2014

Mr.kundu as you had stated that the girl had commited suicide and left a note that your friend is responsible for that , police will do enquire u/s 174crpc and make a report on suicide and collect all relevant evidences which causes her to commit suicide and also the role of your friend and the connection between the both , police will register the case u/s 306 ipc , and an immediate arrest of the accused your friend will be made .

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     19 January 2014

Mr.kundu as you had stated that the girl had commited suicide and left a note that your friend is responsible for that , police will do enquire u/s 174crpc and make a report on suicide and collect all relevant evidences which causes her to commit suicide and also the role of your friend and the connection between the both , police will register the case u/s 306 ipc , and an immediate arrest of the accused your friend will be made .

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register