LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit (Prvt Job)     14 November 2014

Suggesstion and guidance needed

My father's were 6 brothers .they are having around 6 qila(measure of land area in Haryana state) land.

When my uncles were alive they partioned it on there choice from elder to younger irrespective of my father presence.

Now my 3 uncle son wants to repartioned the land as they don't want to continue with earlier partion  .

First they consult it with all 5 families (as my Father's were 6 bro and only one is left now) and as only alive uncle against this so they drop a case against land distribution within family(i.e 6 members/families),My father is the younger one (we dont appoint any lawyer as we told that we are ok if partition does by court ),but now they are in the stage of compromise and they want us to go away with baren agriculture land at outskirts .The one who filed case is in haryana police and have connections with MLA and all ,Please guide what to do in this case ,we dont want to be scapegoat .

thanks for your time and suggestion

Learning

1 Replies

Syed Ahamed (Section Officer)     15 November 2014

We are Muslim and self and my sister are the only children of my parents. My sister died in 2002 leaving her husband and three children. My father died in 2006 and did not leave any will or settlement or gift in any one’s favour. My father had an ancestral house which he renovated and mother has one ancestral house. My question is, under Muslim law, whether my mother, without my consent, sell her ancestral house and/or my father’s ancestral house or gift/settlement them to my nieces and nephews. If at all she can do that, then to what extent of the property?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register