LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dr. Oyndrila Sengupta (Doctor)     17 May 2013

Substitution of plaintiff in eviction suit under wbpt act

A tenanted property was purchased in which an ejectment suit was pending before the civil judge at the stage of final hearing. The original plaintiff did not turn up,although the date was fixed as a last chance. 

The purchaser, my father applied for inclusion of his name as plaintiff number.2 in the same case under order 22 rule 10 of the CPC.

The judge ordered substitution of plaintiff by removing the name of the ex-owner and directed to submit amended plaint by my father being the substituted plaintiff.

Please provide with Specific Case Laws in support of Substitution of Plaintiff by the transferee instead of Addition. Whether the defendant has any cause of action due to procedural mistake,if any ?

Learning

1 Replies

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     17 May 2013

there canot be a sale of property when the case is pending on such propoerty. this is under sec 52 of the transfer of propoerty act. it is also known as doctrine of lis pendency. if the defendant sets up a defence that ur father i.e. is the substiuted plaintiff does not have nay manner of right, title or interest in the suit schedule prpoerty,becasue the sale is void by virtue of sec 52 of the T.P act. then your father might be in trouble.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register