Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Streedhan

Dear Experts,

When should husband return back all his wife’s Streedhan to her? OR What would be the right time to return her Streedhan to his wife back? It becomes a headache on husband where wife is more concerned and bothered about her streedhan than husband and marriage life.  

Can a husband file any separate petition for returning all her streedhan back to her?

Can it be done before Divorce / after Divorce / without Divorce?

Please suggest.

Learning

7 Replies

(Guest)

Just before Divorce..... Tera tera, mera mera. yeh le janeman tera samaan urf streedhan. Hisaab chukta......Chal phoot yahan se..

1 Like

(Guest)

It depends on the circumstances of her appeal for streedhan.

If she is dieying to get her things then better return her all items after her claim by asking to show all proofs of her streedhan.

Once you are satisfied with the list and proofs what she had given to you.

Get a sign of her on the legal document of returning the items along with four witnesses including both parents sides.

Hence,No specific time to return as post divorce or pre divorce.

1 Like

Alwin (PM)     21 August 2013

It is always safe to handover sthreedan after divorce. You can declare in the court that such and such items were there belong to the wife and handover the things through court.  Never ever return anything before divorce or without divorce. Think of a situation that after taking all items, she go to court and file a case against you.  I know many cases like this. Even in one case,  agreement made at the time of return of money by parties and mediators in the presence of advocates were also challenged by wife later in court saying that advocate cheated her by made her sign on blank stamp paper.  Unfortunately family court passed decree in favour of her and husband now filed appeal in HC. So be careful. 

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     21 August 2013

if any case is filed like you mentioned above cases then before handing the items make a list of them and file a petition in that particular case and file it inthe court and hand them before the judge to your wife and take signature on that copy and one copy submit in court 

fighting back (exec)     22 August 2013

@alvin....and others.....but what in the event of a contested divorce, where the stridhan is demanded by way of DV act...in such circumstances how to handle the case, as the divorce is not yet finished, it is being challenged by the wife, and also streedhan is being asked to return from husband....

Alwin (PM)     22 August 2013

Wait for court order to return of money/ornaments etc. 

rohitpal (personal)     12 May 2014

Sir, my brother-in-law, my wife and my mother -in-law and my self charged with IPC 498/A, 306 AND 302 and the likes. Recently opponents issued notice regarding streedhan to all four of us. I wish to like to know that, myself and my wife staying separately, from my brother-in-law, and staying 300 Kms away from them, and particularly I have not blood-relations with the other co-accused, the opponents can legally serve the notice to me and mywife regarding streedhan ? Please guide and help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register