Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Strange partner, turning out to be a divorce case!

Page no : 2

revolutionary (NA)     24 January 2012

Dear Experts

Kindly advise.

I am writing to you regards to some guidance regards to my situation with my wife. We had been married for 2 years and now separated for 6 months. After realising that things were not working between us, I suggested that we should seperate amicably.  I had lost my job and that added pressure to the relationship as well. The day we landed back in India, I dropped her off to her parents house.

One day her parents landed at our door step while I was away and created a scence putting allegations about me. The usual stuff about me being abusive to her and having an affair with another woman.After that day, they just left and there was no contact for 6 months and suddenly I get a call asking for a meeting. I am still living outside India and am not sure if I should meet them after reading through the LCI forum, I realise that this could be a risky prospect.

Can you please guide me in the following:

1) Can my father in law get my passport impounded?
2) Can I get arrested on arrival to India?
3) We have no knowledge if any case has been filed till now, but is it possible that they could file a case and keep it under cover and activate it whenever they wish.

Any suggestions on next steps forward. Any help would be much appreciated.

(Guest)

@ Gagan

What is the status of this case ? After all the free advice for Advocates, you perhaps have an actionable strategy.

Do update, if convinient. A closure may increase the morale of the pro-bono advocates and the common man.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     31 January 2012

Revlutionary,

You don't need to come to India right now. Let the negotiations conclude over phone.

Your passport can not be impounded so soon.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register