Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naveen (Sr Manager)     04 September 2013

Squash from case

Respectable Members,

My Friend's wife has filed a case on her husband under 498, where she has included my friend's parents along with me. I have nothing to do with her problems with her husband.

Now I am on Bail, Could you please suggest me if I get Squash from the case, and what are the proceedings.

Case is held at Hyderabad.

Regards,

Navin

Learning

7 Replies

ashoksrivastava (scientist)     04 September 2013

498a can not be filed against husband's friend. In case your name has been added in FIR. You can get your name removed by filing quash petition under crpc 482 in HC Proceedings under 498a will definitely be quashed against you.

regards ASHOK

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     05 September 2013

Dear Naveen

498A will be applicable only on husband & his relatives and not his friends, you should file a quashing petition before HC u/s 482 or article 226 of Constitution of India read with section 482 of Cr.P.C.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     10 September 2013

Also, you can get discharged from the case.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor

Yahoogroups: https://groups.yahoo.com/group/sahodar 

If you don't fight for what you want, don't cry for what you LOST.

ram   15 July 2015

Hello All,

He(Friend)  re married  to another girl, but the first wife filed  the case 498a  on the day of after marriage(she knows about the  marriage before itself ) , So the judgement will be based on his second marriage or the harassment(ie 498a). case.( because Harrasement is false case)..

To be true , he looked for his first wife for more than 1 yr, but she never replied back(she says she will come, but doesnt) , even my friend sent the notices from the court to comeback but didnt responded to the notices.

So, on one fine day..he remarried to another girl ..on the marriage day police came and arrested my friends and his family members(actaully they didnt harresed her )

so now the case is since 3 to 4 yrs...on the date they are going to court and attending the peshi....most irregularly the opposite party is attending the peshi..

So now how the judgement goes on ...How to face that ?

If agreed for compromise how much amount has to be paid ?

Is it a good option to fight the case ?

Brother or sister or parents name of a Husband are included in the list,

Then How to remove there names ?

Does the court fine , if fines How much it can be ?

Thanks 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2015

Originally posted by : ram
Hello All,

He(Friend)  re married  to another girl, but the first wife filed  the case 498a  on the day of after marriage(she knows about the  marriage before itself ) , So the judgement will be based on his second marriage or the harassment(ie 498a). case.( because Harrasement is false case)..

To be true , he looked for his first wife for more than 1 yr, but she never replied back(she says she will come, but doesnt) , even my friend sent the notices from the court to comeback but didnt responded to the notices.

So, on one fine day..he remarried to another girl ..on the marriage day police came and arrested my friends and his family members(actaully they didnt harresed her )

so now the case is since 3 to 4 yrs...on the date they are going to court and attending the peshi....most irregularly the opposite party is attending the peshi..

So now how the judgement goes on ...How to face that ?

If agreed for compromise how much amount has to be paid ?

Is it a good option to fight the case ?

Brother or sister or parents name of a Husband are included in the list,

Then How to remove there names ?

Does the court fine , if fines How much it can be ?

Thanks 

start your won thread.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 July 2015

Originally posted by : Naveen

Respectable Members,

My Friend's wife has filed a case on her husband under 498, where she has included my friend's parents along with me. I have nothing to do with her problems with her husband.

Now I am on Bail, Could you please suggest me if I get Squash from the case, and what are the proceedings.

Case is held at Hyderabad.

Regards,

Navin

First of all it is not sqaush it is quash for which you intend to apply to the court.

Now on the merits of the case.  SInc efull facts are not given I am not able to agree or disagree with the experts above.

498a is aplicable on husband and his relatives who can be accused.  That doe snot meana that whole other world hasa license to abet this crime if intended to be committedby husband or his relatives.

Kindly eleborate facts and do not leavethings on imagination it is in your benefit to get correct advise for this you have to narrate compelte and correct facts.

ram   20 July 2015

Hi All,

PLease reply to post by Ram..

Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register