I want to sell my flat in a building in Santacruz east

My scoiety committe is not giving me share certificate of first owner

i am follow up with them for 1 year with secretary committee members no answer

what to do

I am very tired

Learning

4 Replies

Siddhi   20 April 2023

Why you didn't asked for shares at the time of buying the flat? Why society is refusing to issue duplicate shares if originals are lost? Are you taken up as a member?

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     21 April 2023

Your vendor should have obtained NOC from society at the time of selling this property to you or at least you should have insisted on transferring the share certiicate to your name at the time of purchasing the property.

Even ow you can issue a legal notice to the society demanding the share certificate to be transferred to your name on the basis of the registered sale deed in your poossession.

If the society refuses to accede to your request you may approach the registrar of societies with a complaint against the society in this regard and seek a direction to the president of the society to issue the share certificate on your name.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     21 April 2023

Why do you need society "share" certificate for sale of flat ? It's not required to transfer title of the flat.

P. Venu (Advocate)     21 April 2023

Yes, why do you require share certificate, that too, of the first owner to sell your flat?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register