LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sidhhi   27 December 2022

Society MC playing foul time and again?

This post is to seek opinion from legal egale dealing with Coop society matters for my senior citizen friend. Please spare time and suggest a way forward.

My senior citizen friend bought a office premises directly from a builder in nearing completion project in Mumbai.

He joined when a society was registered as founding member and has all documents. Incidentally society is in control of anti social elements and my friend was forced to shut down the office and running business due to threats from these goons.

Society stopped issuing maintenance bills in spite of reminders and dy registrar was of no help.

His office was broken in and in the courts society first refused and said he never was a member and didn't have any room in the society building.

Latter on realising that he has all the documents and can't refuse his claim society suddenly raised a hefty consolidated bill towards outstanding which was challenged in Coop court as well as City Civil court and matter is still being heard.

Taking advantage & bribing corrupt dy registrar society obtained a recovery order during pendency of above 2 matters during Covid 19 lockdown and my friend had no option but to appeal against the recovery order by paying 50% of the dues claimed by society and the DDR has ordered Status Quo in the matter and awaiting the reply from society in the revesion application.

In spite of Status Quo order of DDR the society has managed to attach the office of my friend on 12/12/2022.

What action be taken in such situation ?

Can he register FIR against Society and the Recovery Officer for criminal collusion to harass and mentally torturing my friend ?

Can he claim damages from the society for such criminal indulgence?

Hope some learned lawyers will come forward and suggest appropriate action in the matter. TIA

Learning

1 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 January 2023

complete set of documents ned to be seen for understanding your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register