Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SAINI N   02 July 2023

Sir i filed divorce case in district court but my case was rejected and i approached high court

Sir I already filed divorce case in district Court but my case was rejected. So I further approached to high court for appeal on 2020 but my case is still not taken. I want to know being my appeal as pending can I again file case in district Court for divorce in the ground that being apparted from him for more than 6 years as per new order of Supreme Court.

Learning

3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     03 July 2023

What is the judgment and reason for non-listing of appeal since 2020 as stated by you and opinion of your lawyer ?

Why do you need second opinion and advise of experts on this platform when you have already engaged an able, competent and intelligent counsel who is well aware about facts and circumstances besides the law applicable on the subject ?

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     03 July 2023

You have to drop the appeal and then file again divorce case with some more grounds differant from previous petition and you have to mention in the petition about previous case and attach the  judgment.. SInce the casue of action is recurring one you can file till you are not satisfied.

Irma Johnson (Designer)     03 July 2023

You can only file an appeal after there has been a final decision/ruling in your case. There are very limited exceptions to this. For example, in certain very specific circumstances, you can file an interlocutory appeal, which challenges a non-final trial court order that decides an issue shell shockers 2 but does not result in a final judgment.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register