LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Show cause notice over windows left open

i am english teacher in delhi govt school since 3 years..(DOE)

My confirmation is yet awaited.

this incident relates to my school's science lab..

3 days back i sought permission of my school's lab assistant to sit in science lab to do some english based activity with children which needs concentration.this activity will fetch them marks.science lab is located in a quiet area of our school and so i chose this place.all other areas are full of children's noise who are mostly out of classrooms.

lab assistant left school a little before closing time and so he requested me to close lab after doing my activity, when school closes

so,after finishing the activity,i switched off fans,lights and locked the lab.then i handed over the keys to laboratory incharge(female teacher) who was still in school..

on all other days only the lab assistant or the lab incharge (female teacher)close it, & also open it in morning.but on that day this work was assigned to me since i was doing this work and the lab assistant was also not in school during closing time

however i made a mistake.i forgot to close windows.so for 2 days(holidays) they remained open.fortunately,the open part of the windows are secured with strong iron grills.so no tresspass happened.nor did any mice or cat entered because the grills have v.little gaps b/w each other to allow any animal inside.

but today my vice principal issued me show cause notice to give written explanation for this carelessness,even though i had apologized to her orally.

now how am i to defend myself?

PS-My vice principal was on leave for many days due to medical reason,including on this day when this incident happened.she returned only today and issued this notice in the name of school incharge who takes care of school in absence of vice principal.

Learning

5 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 November 2014

You can point out that this was not known to you and you shall be careful in future.

(Guest)

dear sir,

thank you for answering.i shall mention the same in my reply.

but was this mistake such a big blunder that it required a show cause notice to be issued?i found it quite silly on the part of school to issue notice over such a trivial reason.

can it affect my ACR?i ask this coz i'm an englisgh teacher and this mistake was unrelated to my subject english.it's related to science lab.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     15 November 2014

All entries in ACR should be communicated to the employee, more so if these are adverse/negative.... You can request to withdraw the SCN.... There are many unions of teachers and well nourished blogs by teachers forums/unions... The union's can support, counsel and guide you.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

but was this mistake such a big blunder that it required a show cause notice to be issued?

It is blunder to leave open a window of lab. Even if it is secured with grill you have reduced labour of any theif who may have attempted theft. Had theft been there you could have been arrested for connivance. The grill used on window general provide enough space for mice to squeeze in. 

. i found it quite silly on the part of school to issue notice over such a trivial reason.

It is not silly

can it affect my ACR?

Yes. What else do you think the adverse entries are there in the ACR

i ask this coz i'm an englisgh teacher and this mistake was unrelated to my subject english.it's related to science lab.

Then why you had unauthroised entry in the lab without permission of HOS. Why do you thinik you should be permitted to use the lab (as English teacher) and not owning the responsibility for lapse. 

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     15 November 2014

I generally have pleasure to agree with Mr Kumar Doab.  But not in this case.

If the entry is made in ACR regarding this case then it is adverse as well as negative.  If such entry is made then you should have time energy and material to convince the Dy Director of Distt for expunging the entry.

Teacher Unions of Delhi Govt  ????  haha.

They are not able to provide remedy to the teacher man handled by students.

They are not able to ensure filling of vaccant post on which blatant ad-hocism is being practiced.

Inviting them in a specific case (where teacher and none else is guilty) can be counter productive.  They cannot be expected to help you in shifting blame on Sc Teacher/Lab Astt/ HOS who are also their vote bank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register