Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vidsmoni (Student)     25 August 2016

Should the complainant get information about proceedings?

My candidature in a state government programme was rejected by a 2-member interview team consisting of an IAS officer (who has a history with me) and a retired IAS officer by giving me an average of 2.25 marks out of 10 in the final interview round. Whereas in previous two stages I scored 8 marks both times and stood 2nd among 1430 candidates. I collected this information through RTI after a long struggle. I filled a complaint letter to the senior IAS officer coordinating the programme and prayed for justice by instituting a time-bound inquiry of not more than 15 days to confirm the facts and take action in another 5 days. I also requested to conduct the inquiry in a transparent manner by providing information to me about every proceeding. But even after 15 days of registered-post, my letter was not even given a dairy number or entered in the office records by the staff of the senior IAS officer stating that the dairy number will only be given after the officer approves it. I visited his office on the 16th day only to find the accused IAS officer coming out of the same office. The senior IAS officer didn't entertain me at all nor he gave any information regarding the proceeding of my complaint and in a blatent insult called the security-men to remove me from his office. The IAS officer I am accusing is one of the richest IAS officer according to a recent report. Kindly suggest my next course of action. Do I have a right to get information about the proceedings? How can I break this beurocratic nexus and uncover the truth??

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     25 August 2016

Friend to gifht against it u need to forget every thing and start preperation of UPSC again.

This is the only soultion if u really want to fight aganist such burecrats.

If u like my solution then give THANK on my profile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register