LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Paul   12 April 2024

Sbi credit card arbiration award passed

Hi, Arbitration and Conciliaition Act, 1996, award passed for SBI credit card non-payment. I have the arbitation case no, I wanted to view the status of this case online. When I search in 'https://services.ecourts.gov.in/' on delhi hign court, the case isn't shown. Can you please point me to the right direction ? Thanks for your help in advance.

Learning

6 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 April 2024

You may not be able to gather the information of the case filed before an arbitrator through ecourt website because they are not the regular court to find a place in the ecourt website.

Paul   12 April 2024

Thanks much sir. But how will I know the case progess or so ? I am in Chennai, I have contacted a lawer's firm in Delhi to go for the appeal for the case. For the appeal the lawyer said for the arbitration appeal they charge fixed amount of 50,000. Felt it was high, however given with no option wanted to go for the appeal and follow the case progress once the appeal starts. So sitting in Chennai I wanted to make sure I am in good hands.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     12 April 2024

You cannot find answera st Delhi by sitting at Chennai.

You have to either visit Delhi and look for the genuineness of the lawyer to be engaged and then entrust the task or look for a good lawyer thropugh reliable sources.

Section 37.   Appealable orders.

(1) 1[Notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, an appeal] shall lie from the following orders (and from no others) to the Court authorised by law to hear appeals from original decrees of the Court passing the order, namely:--

2[(a) refusing to refer the parties to arbitration under section 8;
(b) granting or refusing to grant any measure under section 9;
(c) setting aside or refusing to set aside an arbitral award under section 34.]
(2) Appeal shall also lie to a court from an order of the arbitral tribunal--
(a) accepting the plea referred to in sub-section (2) or sub-section (3) of section 16; or
(b) granting or refusing to grant an interim measure under section 17.
(3) No second appeal shall lie from an order passed in appeal under this section, but nothing in this section shall affect or take away any right to appeal to the Supreme Court.

Therefore you may first confirm the court to which this appeal is preferable 

Paul   13 April 2024

Thanks sir for the guidelines.

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     13 April 2024

The arbitral award passed by an Arbitrator (quasi-judical) is not uploaded and available in the e-Courts app.

It covers only cases pending in District Courts of Delhi (in Delhi State) accordingly you will never find in e-courts app.

Besides ths, e-courts app do not cover the case(s) pending / decided by Delhi High Court., till date.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     13 April 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register