LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anukul Anand   30 December 2023

Sale & construction agreement confusion

I am interested in purchasing under construction flat from the builder. My builder gave me two agreements. One Sale agreement states that the purchaser approached the builder to purchase uds interest right and title and the builder agreed to procure uds of land at a consideration amount with the right to construct a residential flat through the builder. Another is a construction agreement stating that the purchaser is interested in acquiring one of the residential flats in said project and entered into an agreement for purchasing uds share interest right and title and approached the builder to construct the said apartment.  But in common sense, I am purchasing a flat from a builder, not the land. Why this type of agreement? Also for the sale deed they are saying registration will be done on the sale agreement value only. Don't you think the property valuation decreases for the purchaser? Also, the bank other than approved by the builder says the same thing and they are not accepting the construction agreement because of less property valuation. What should be done in this scenario? Please guide me. Thanks in advance. 

Learning

2 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     30 December 2023

What is "uds" agreement as mentioned by you?

You have posted various questions in the query, such as the fact that flat is to be sold/ purchased after construction on land but not in air, accordingly the purchaser shall have right in the land on pro-rata basis. Similarly your query about amout for registration of flat.  You will appreciate the fact that value of flat has to be basis for registration after payment of stamp duty and registration charges, as applicable, why do you intent to make it different is not understood ?  

It is advisable to consult a local prudent lawyer for proper analyses of facts/ documents and professional advise to protect your interest. 

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     30 December 2023

When an apartment is purchased, the buyer is allocated a certain amount of the land as their Undivided Share of Land (UDS). This share has no defined boundaries and is associated with every flat built on that particular plot..

UDS (undivided share) is a portion of the land held by the buyer of the flat in a residential complex on a plot on which the whole structure is built. Every flat constructed on that specific plot would have a share of the land but won't have any defined boundaries.

The agreement copy should hold all the important details of the property in question including the details of the UDS. The same figure of the UDS mentioned in the agreement must also be there in the Title Deed when the registration is being done

n general, developers, who are not builders, enter into an agreement on the construction of apartments. These activities attract VAT and SERVICE TAX. The average buyer must enter into two agreements. One, for the undivided part of the land, (sale agreement) and the other, construction agreement

The Supreme Court recently held that no title could be transferred with respect to immovable properties on the basis of an Agreement to Sell or on the basis of a General Power of Attorney

The sale consideration amount mentioned in the registered  title deed to which applicable stamp duty paid has been paid shall be  taken into considration towards the purchase value of the property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register