LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Khan Mohamed (Business)     10 September 2008

salary cheque bounced

i was working in a company for one year and have left there,and they have given me a cheque for salary, it has been bounced once.
can i get the amount in labour court or employment court.

what is the procedure for legal action to get the cheque amount.

Learning

7 Replies

D.V.RamaKrishna (Advocate)     10 September 2008

Khan,

Filing a case in labour/employment court depends on the salary/wage u were earning.

Leaving that apart, u can file a civil suit for recovery of salary amount and also u can file a criminal case against the employer under 138 NI Act for bouncing of cheque given to u.

anonymus (confidential)     11 September 2008

dear khan,

hurry up and take steps to file case u/s 138 for bouncing. u me lose if time barred.

u can also file a civil case for recovery as advised by DVR simultaneously.

Khan Mohamed (Business)     12 September 2008

How many times can a cheque be deposited after it get bounced once, because the party has told to deposit once again.

Pragadeesh (Lawyer/Factory certification consultant/Cyber crime Analyst)     13 September 2008

Hey friend!

first issue a notice or a formal letter intimating the status or otherwise re-present the chq again as they said.dont jump into conclusions they have given u job for the past one yr. Time is there to take steps.

Be positive.

prabodh kumar patel (advocate)     14 October 2008

Till the expiary of six months the cheque can be deposited as many times as you can, there is no such limitation.

TS Bhatia (HR Executive)     14 October 2008

i think you can go even in consumer court.

Khan Mohamed (Business)     23 October 2008

if we give lawyer notice to the party and if the party does not accept the notice then what action can we take regarding this.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register