Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rohit (Consultant)     24 May 2013

Revision of record-of-rights of land in west bengal

Dear Sir,

I have a question regarding the revision of record-of-rights in West Bengal. This is regarding a land of my paternal Grandfather, who has passed away sometime in 1960.Below are the details; 

My grandfather has around 8 kathas of land in North 24 parganas, West Bengal. My grandfather has two sons. Let’s call them Son A and Son B. Both the Son A and Son B have passed away. 

1) Son A has two Sons (For our simplicity let’s call them Son A1, Son A2) 

2) Son B has three sons (For our simplicity let’s call them Son B1, Son B2 and Son B3). 

I am the offspring of Son B and for sake of simplicity, let me be called Son B1. My other brothers are therefore Son B2 & Son B3.

Now, couple of weeks back, I found out from the Land reform office in West Bengal that the said land owned by my grandfather, is registered with the name of Son A1 and Son A2. Both of them are offspring of Son A. I am not sure why names of the other son, Son B are not registered. That means there is no mention of the name of Son B1, Son B2 & Son B3, in the Land record computerized system. 

At the time my grandfather was dead, there were no computerization of Land record. People used to follow settlement document (RS Khatian). I have an old settlement document with me that was taken from Land Reform office in 1977. This settlement document was originally written in the year 1928. This settlement document (RS Khatian) clearly shows the names of Son A and Son B for the said land of 8 Kathas, but I am not sure why the land owner names are only shown as Son A1 & Son A2 (both of them are Sons of A) in the Land record system. Why the family member of Son B, namely Son B1, Son B2 & Son B3 are not shown in land record system, though we are also the legal heir of the land of my grandfather. Also, there is no written document from Son B to Son A about selling his share of land to Son A.

How come the land record system has wrong details updated in their computerized system? What can be done in this case to register our name (son B1, Son B2 & Son B3) in the Land record in West Bengal?

In the meantime, if the land is sold by Son A1 & Son A2, without giving any notice or compensation to Son B1, B2 & B3, can anything be done? Can we give objection if we come to know about the sale?

I would be grateful if my queries are responded at the earliest. 

If you need any further info, please let me know.

Regards

Rohit

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register