Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Avijeet Singh   08 August 2016

Request for help about a stuck pf transfer

Dear Sir,

I have attempted a PF transfer from my previous employer (TCS) which is a separate PF trust, to my current employer IMS Health (though I have recently left IMS Health). This PF Transfer process is in "Your request is In Transit between EPFO Out and In Office" status for about 3 months.

I contacted all 3 parties (previous and current employers, and EPFO Bangalore office), and I have got the following responses from these 3 parties:
(1) TCS (previous employer): TCS provided me the Annexure K as a proof of PF transfer completion from their side.
(2) IMS Health (current employer): IMS Health has informed me that they did not get any letter or communication from the EPFO Bangalore office. They linked my PF A/c with IMS Health to my previously existing UAN, and the IMS Health PF passbook which appeared, did not show the transferred PF amount/details.
(3) EPFO Bangalore office: As a reply to my grievance, they stated that "Your EPS claim is processed and service details transfer to BGBNG/26532/1683 in 2016-17". But this does not clear the air as the transferred PF balance is not reflecting in the IMS Health PF passbook.

This whole exercise has left me very worried, as there is no transparency in the PF transfer process, and I am not able to ascertain ​where it is stuck.

Thereby, I request your help. I am willing to pay fees to get this resolved.

Thanks,
Avijeet Singh.
+91-9035080113.

Learning

20 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     08 August 2016

Adopt RTI route.

Avijeet Singh   08 August 2016

Hi Kumar,
Thanks for your reply. I am about to file a RTI application. 
Is it possible to stop this PF transfer process itself, and withdraw PF instead? Have you ever seen such a case in past?
Regards,
Avijeet Singh.
+91-9035080113.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     09 August 2016

Is it possible to stop this PF transfer process itself, and withdraw PF instead? NO

FIRST IT IS NOT CLEAR WHETHER THE TRUST HAS TRANSFERRED YOUR PF BALANCE OR NOT.

You have to give a specific complaint against them to the EPFO office.  Since they are exempted estt they may be having exemption from PF deposited.  Pension componnet will still be with EPFO.  You have to seek statust of the same.  you have to seek copy of rule position as to what action can be traken by EPFO agains thte trust which negleects transfer of fund (they are liable for cancellation of exemption).

The RTI also ned to ask about the names and designation o fthe dealing clerk/SS/EO/APFC in the relevant EPFO office.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 August 2016

M/s TCS, M/s IMF, and EPFO has already provided you with documents.

Pursue RTI route and be specific.

If funds have been transferred then why it is not in your PF a/c.

Avijeet Singh   09 August 2016

Dear Kumar, Sudhir,

Thanks for your suggestions and help. I will soon post a draft RTI application here, please reply if it looks good to you.

Thanks,

Avijeet.

Hi Kumar, Sudhir,

Thanks for your reply. I am particularly worried about the response from IMS Health, my current employer, which I left recently. I think they will not act on this transfer process. I think even if TCS (previous employer) and EPFO office act, IMS Health will simply put the PF transfer form in the dustbin. 

Hence, if there is a provision from EPFO office to withdraw the amount, not now, but even after 1 year, it will help me a lot.

Regards,
Avijeet.

It is always better to transfer than to withdraw.

Rest is upto you.

6-hour ago you were employed with IMS health!

Are you unemployed after having left IMS health?

Submit PF withdrawal forms under proper acknowledgment.

"EPFO office act, IMS Health will simply put the PF transfer form in the dustbin. "

If they do so they may be violating terms of examption and liable for cancellation of examption.

Hi Kumar,

I left IMS Health recently, worked with TCS before that, and am now working with Novartis.

The PF request was raised from UAN services website, when I was in the last few days with IMS Health. As once a previous PF transfer had happened in less than 3 weeks, so my experience was very good and I was over-confident. I didn't expect that this much delay will happen, and now I do not get proper help from IMS Health's HR team after leaving the company. 

I think they will not act on this PF transfer request. If it is at all possible, maybe after some months or 1 year, I was thinking of PF withdrawal, if it is possible.

Regards,

Avijeet.

Submit everything under proper acknowledgment.

Employer should process within 5days and submit to EPFO.

Obtain acknowledgment isued by EPFO (for you/employee) from competent/authorised personnel in HR or appointing authority/MD.

Avijeet Singh   10 August 2016

Thanks for your reply sirs. I am going to submit a RTI application online, on Friday.

Regards,

Avijeet.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     10 August 2016

Send hard copies with requisite fee.

Check RTI button at EPFO website or speak to PRO,APFC,RPFC.

Avijeet Singh   11 August 2016

Thanks for your help. I am planning to submit RTI on Friday, from https://rtionline.gov.in/.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register