Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Naresh (IT consultant)     21 April 2015

Repeated police harrasment- fake jewel theft

Dear Friends,

My in-laws are a small time pawn brokers and jewellers in a small city in karnataka.After a gap of four years, they restarted their business after relocating.Since the last 3 months, police from 3 different nearby towns are threatening to file fake cases on having received gold from a robber. My in laws have never seen the robber and have never taken stolen gold. Having no other option, 2 out of the 3 times we had to settle with the police under the table with huge amounts with no record whatsoever. There are no good lawyers nearby to explain the legality of this or defend us. In the first instance, the barged into their shop,destroyed all the cameras and stationed them until they did not settle.On the second one, they literally abducted my brother-in-law until 2 days before my father-in-law buckled under the pressure of settling. This is becoming torturous and have put them under great despair.

1.How can the police enforce we have aided the robber just because the robber says or points to our shop?

2.What loophole in us, if any, is the police exploiting ?

2.Can the police come and take us whenever they want?Is there a procedure here?

3.Is the police under extreme pressure to solve robbery cases so they are taking these steps?

4.What is the correct legal course under this case?

5.How can we put an end to this?

Please feel free to ask for more details. I will greatly appreciate your inputs. If any lawyer would like to take this offline, please PM me.

PS : Am i posting it under the correct thread/forum? Please suggest how I can increase the reach of my post, as this is my first post on LCI. Thanks.

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register