Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajnikant S Dhamal (System Administrator)     22 April 2013

Remarriage with noc of first marriage

Dear Sir / Madam

12 july 2011, i was married in jain community girl in alandi from pune...

but after some time bothe are saprated....

our marriage was not registerd in any govt office or sub registrar office in pune or alandi...

last one year we are not talking each to other, and she told me to marry another girl...

so i would like to marry other marathi girl, so it is possible to marry without divorse or

It is possible to first marriage NOC if enought for second marriage...

Please Suggest.....

because i will marry in next month, 18 May 2013

Learning

6 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     22 April 2013

It will be better if you postpone your second marriage and first obtain divorce from your first wife legally. Your marriage may not have been registered but if you have been married by following necessary customs and rituals then the marriage is valid and remarrying during the lifetime of the first wife without first legally divorcing her is illegal and you may be punished for bigamy and also the second marriage will be void. The NOC from the first wife will not legalise your second marriage.

Rajnikant S Dhamal (System Administrator)     22 April 2013

But Madam,

She was allready divorse girl and....

at the time of our marriage, she told the pandit of that place, she was not married before this marriage, means she told that person this is our first marriage, so she was hide her first marriage divorse....

so then possible, she file bigamy case against me?

or i will lible to marry another girl.

Plz Reply...

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     22 April 2013

A divorcee can legally remarry. You have been legally married to her. Even if she did not tell the fact of divorce to the pandit, it is of no consequence and will not validate your second marriage without first divorcing her. She can definately file a bigamy case against you if she want

Vidhi Joshi (Trademark Registration Mumbai | IPR Firm | Mumbai | Start Up Lawyer | Copyright Lawyer)     22 April 2013

...its illegal to enter into second marraige if you haven't dissolve your first one, registration is not a criteria for disolution, do as suggested by Ms.Archana take a proper divorce by mutual consent,

Rajendra K Goyal (Advocate)     22 April 2013

I fully agree with the views of expert Adv Archana and clone_panvel. By your remarriage you can be in trouble.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     23 April 2013

Fully agree with Ms Archjana. 

If you still feel you are right then go ahead.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register