LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Aadi Shivan (Executive)     14 November 2014

Relieving letter

While joining one Indian IT MNC company, I submitted all my previous experience certificate. But in one experience letter I made one change. I changed my serving duration from 9 month to 10 months however kept the other content and signature same. But I got caught during the verification for providing incorrect experience letter and asked to leave. I worked with that Indian IT MNC company for 1.1 years. Then after I worked with 2 other companies. Where I submitted all the correct experience letters and copy of resignation email of that Indian IT MNC. In all those 2 other companies I didn’t face any issue in Background Verification and serve both for almost 2.5 years.

Now I have another offer but they are asking for experience letter pf that Indian IT MNC company (who asked me to leave). I contacted company almost 1 month back and made apologies on my mistake and told that after that I am giving all the correct experience letter to every employer I am working with. So can I seek experience letter from you. On that they said “This is being reviewed by Management and they will update me in next 1 week. Now it’s been almost 1 month and I am keep sending reminder email for update but no response from them.

Please suggest me what to do now.

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 November 2014

Relieving letter signifies that nothing is pending at the end of emoloyee and all A/V has been settled. If you have handed over the charge/company property etc and nothing is due at your end then relieving letter has to be issued and supplied to you. Was it mentioned in offer/appointment letter that I'm case BGV fails you will separate by resignation? If you have indulged in malpractice then you have been removed from employment I.e. action has been taken, but all payouts and docs that you are to be given have to be given.. Did it deduction notice pay? Did the company issue acknowledgement/acceptance of resignation, FnF statement, payment of FnF dues,salary slips of all months, PF number and A/c slips, Form16,ESIC card,Service certificate...... etc? Service Certificate has to be issued to all employees: Model Standing Orders:Sec16 Standing Orders (model/certified) being statue/instrument of law is binding on employer and employer personally is held responsible for any violation.... and can be penalized. The HR may not issue the Relieving letter due to some internal/private policies of the employer.The private policies of the employer are not law of the land and can not supersede a statue. You may approach an able Labor Law Consultant/service Matters lawyer and let your lawyer structure all representations addressed to appointing authority, MD.......and under the expert guidance of your consultant you may succeed..... Lawyer's are skilled in mediation/conciliation/arbitration and may succeed without litigation... The employee's unions/IT employee's unions/readers unions can help.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register