Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavan Kumar Reddy (Law Student)     27 October 2014

Registration mistake by sro

Hi Experts,

We had bought two plots with a real estate company and both of the plot registrations were done and we hold the original documents. Both the plots are adjacent one's and the company had confirmed registration has been done perfect by verifying my scanned copies of the original documents. However there was issue in issuing EC for one the plot while the other one is all fine.

When approached companies legal concern, he told us its the mistake of SRO as he allotted the same document numbers for two owners, while the first owner owns a land elsewehre which has same document number of mine and he had got EC as well.

I had no possibility to meet SRO but spoke on phone when the company legal persona had passed on the phone and the SRO agrees the mistake and asked me to drop the originals and leave for which i refused and only gave photocopies and returned.They sent us back and they would do the re registration which would be fresh and since the mistake had happened from their end, they would be responsible.

Now its been more than a week and i was told they will finish it within a day or two and i can check the plot details online when they provide me new document number,however its been more than a week they are coming up with excuses without registration as agreed when i presented infront of the company legal person.

Can you please help me out on what can be done to get the registration done and the EC for my plot.

Regards,

Pavan.

Learning

2 Replies

Baskar Govindaraj (advocate)     27 October 2014

Very simple 1st you may approach the sro with original document and etc along with covering letter to rectify the miskake and get acnowlegment in copy of the letter and wait for some I.e may be week time if they failed to rectify the mistake you may approach the high court of your state by way of writ petition to rectify the mistake. If it is correct the hon'blue high court will direct the sro to rectify the mistake within stipulated time if you wants any querrys pls cal me my mob no 9944752944

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     29 October 2014

If the mistake is fro the SRO side, it will be treated as a clerical error and the office will rectify the same without any charges, this is rule, however, practically you may have to oblige for many things, see what best is possible to get the things done i your favor, because now it is your problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register