Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hello God   16 November 2023

Regarding fraud from broker

Hi All,

My case is as follows.

1) I had approached a govt department regarding land issue. I was told by the people working in the department that I need to shell out lakhs of rupees.

2) Since we needed to get the work done , we had approached a person whom we know for past 5 years and he had given as reference of a broker who can help us do the job. 

3) Later based on trust , we gave our document and other details to him and later he told me we need to pay him 2 lakhs and based on multiple discussion and trust of the person whom we know for past 5 years. we gave him money through self cheque and phone pay.

4) Its been close to 2 months , there is no work done by them and they have been making us round and round and now asking for more money to do the work and are not responding. We came to know that they are fraud. 

5)  How are the remedies which we can take. Need legal remedies. 

Learning

3 Replies

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     16 November 2023

Giving and accepting bribe is an offence.

Punishment for bribery. —Whoever commits the offence of bribery shall be punished with imprisonment of either descripttion for a term which may extend to one year, or with fine, or with both: Provided that bribery by treating shall be punished with fine only.

If you are aggrieved by this indifferent attitude of the borker even after acceptiong the broker commission (bribe amount), you can ldoge a criminal complaint against him before the local police station within your jurisdiction reporting the incidence and your grievances. 

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 November 2023

P. Venu (Advocate)     17 November 2023

You can proceed against the agent as well other concerned persons under the Prevention of Corruption Act.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register