LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

R.i.p manoj and prashanth - siff bangalore

Today evening I have attended the Candle light march organised by SIFF bangalore on the account of suicide of Manoj due to false 498a cases. Similar was the case of Prashanth too :-(

There were a little more than 100 people who attended te march including few women and kids. It was really great to see some girls walking with us. I was standing there in the line with a candle in my hand with a heavy heart and a disturbed mind. I actually felt helpless, it was a strange feeling to stand there in the line but deepdown I was feeling distressed I dont want to fight women, I am not weak to fight againist them but the judiciary is pushing us to fight what they have created is a tamasha nothing more nothing less. neway I hate the judiciary now. They are the one's who's responsible for Manoj's suicide. I am sure most of the crowd gathered there should have experienced such feelings.

The crowd gave a memo to the police department on the misuse of the gender-biased laws. The police officer was listening patiently and all of us there know what else he can do? he has got his own limitations.

People can be so cruel and so insensitive, yet only the stronger can standup and fight and rest will perish :-(

Its sad but true the law is evil, its going to take many more lives. I can only wish the god gives these victim's families the strength and courage to fight the evil.

Rest in peace brothers manoj and prashanth.

Learning

6 Replies

(Guest)

Why such low turn out?

Only reason is, these idiotic laws of 498a and DV are one sided laws.

and every husband is tangled in such a way that they will think how to get out of this problem first.

Hats off to you guys at siff.

Like a few days back some minister was charged under DV or 498a, likewise if each and every politician is charged under such act then only these sleeping politicians will bring some changes to the existing laws. Or else Jab Tak Hain Jaan :-(

Nandha (NIL)     14 April 2013

@stalker,

Kudos to SIFF! 

Why dont SIFF send a letter to all the police Headquarters & CAW cell of India giving the above example of misuse of 498a.  This will make them to exercise their rights with caution.

thanks

(Guest)

@HH

Yeah SIFF is doing a great job. Their spirit and commitment is matchless.

@Nandha

True..SIFF requested the officer to have the men's helpline poster pasted in the police station. They are trying to adapt the same in all the police stations.

dv (ghvhb)     14 April 2013

@ everybody Guys I really think this needs international exposure. Why don't we invite amnesty international, human rights, CRY, justice dhinghra, markandey katju and hold the meeting in Gujarat so that way we can get narendra modi and lots of media like BBC and CNN. if donations needI can contribute.

Gaurav (consultant)     14 April 2013

I also joined this march in Delhi at Police head quater near ITO.

more than 50 people were there.

Its sad that whenever a male suicide it is ignored but a when a woman suicide the media airing it all the week :-(

arun kumar (accountant)     15 April 2013

everybody knows everything but no politicians, media and even public is ready to raise voice against this injustice. because this have become a fashion to work for women welfare whether this welfare is on the cost of men's blood. today a women can harrass you at any place whether at office, public place or home and men have to face all this. because no law is to protect him. everybody follow just one sentence,"women is abla naari". my wife have left my home two years back but i can't do anything because I know that when i take any legal action, she will file her package that is full of monetory, physical and mental torture and lots of men just because of this frustration commit suicide because they just hopeless against this women oriented society and law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register