Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prashant Kumar (Student)     12 April 2013

Query

Sir/Madam

I want to know if their is some law for women who is promised by a boy that he willl be marrying her and now he is refusing to take plunge to marry her. Whether this scenario can be placed under pre martial breach of trust.They were in relationship for past two years.Plz Help!!

Thanks in advance

Learning

7 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 April 2013

Yes. She can file cheating case on him.

Manish Udar (www.Mehnat.IN)     12 April 2013

She cannot file a case unless she can prove that he promised to marry her and that she had s*x with him based on that promise.

www.mehnat.in

Prashant Kumar (Student)     13 April 2013

I was asking this question on befalf of my relative.... thank you for your help

(Guest)

I didnot understand the ultimate moto!!

When its not rape how can you convict someone to such a section?

Marriage? If the guy is proved to be a jerk, then how come she can marry him?

Money?

Prashant Kumar (Student)     13 April 2013

The guy is threating the girl, that if she tells to anyone then he will make life of her as hell

(Guest)

Aaha!! Ask him to marry your relative. Thereafter he wont come near her hence no threat from him.

Msk-need -nuetral- laws (self)     13 April 2013

Sex on false promise of marriage is rape, reasoning the very purpose of the consent of s*x is under deceit method, and amounts to rape. But prooving this as per law is very tough.

https://indialawyers.wordpress.com/2010/02/01/s*x-on-false-promise-of-marriage-is-rape-court/.

But if they had been in cohabitation for two -years, this can be covered as Live-in and formally be considered as marraige and force him to marry, but legal sections and ruling in this regard is sparce and needed a meticulous approach and evidence.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register