Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SeekingForHelp (Manager)     28 July 2013

Public purpose Plot in cmda layout in chennai

Hello Sir,

I am a from Chennai and planning to buy a plot in CMDA approved layout. Now I have found a plot in CMDA layout in Chennai, but the Plot belongs to the category of “Public purpose “.

1)     1)  What is the meaning of public purpose plot ?

2)     2)  Are there any constraints on Public purpose plot such as it is used only for residential purpose, it never ever be used for other than residential purpose, government can acquire the plot in future if they require ?

3)      3)  Can I buy such type of plots?

I really appreciate your advice

Learning

6 Replies

M.Chandra shekar (CE)     28 July 2013

Dear Sir,

It is a public purpose site or civic amenity site, which must not be sold or conveyed and cannot be used for residential purpose.  Please go through the CMDA approval copy and approach the CMDA office with all documents and seek written reply, clearly asking whether permission is granted for residential use.  You will definitely get a negative reply.

Exercise utmost caution and do not pay any advance, till you get the confirmation.

Be careful.

bye

mc

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     28 July 2013

donot buy such plots meant for public purpose, the same would have been handed over to corporation or loacl panchayat by the landlord at the time of approval,and it is meant for public utility purposes, like park,playground etc.,if u buy such plots in future the assocation may file a case against u and the land lord for using public property for private purposes.

SeekingForHelp (Manager)     02 August 2013

Originally posted by : M.Chandra shekar

Dear Sir,

It is a public purpose site or civic amenity site, which must not be sold or conveyed and cannot be used for residential purpose.  Please go through the CMDA approval copy and approach the CMDA office with all documents and seek written reply, clearly asking whether permission is granted for residential use.  You will definitely get a negative reply.

Exercise utmost caution and do not pay any advance, till you get the confirmation.

Be careful.

bye

mc

Thank you for your reply.

The builder guys are saying that those “Public purpose plot” are not  be sold for the period of one year and if  government is not taking the plot within one year then the builders has the right to sell the plot for residential purpose.

When I Check the CMDA sketch of the layout, I can find in the following condition

(II)DR RULE NO : 29 ( 8 )

THE AREA EARMARKED FOR PUBLIC PURPOSE PLOTS I TO XX (VIZ . POST AND TELEGRAPH OFFICE, POLICE STATION ETC.) WOULD REMAIN RESERVED FOR A SPECIFIC PERIOD OF ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF APPROVAL TO ENABLE THE GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT CONCERNED TO NEGOTIATE WITH THE OWNER AND ACQUIRE THE RESERVED LAND IF REQUIRED FOR THEM. THE COST OF THE PLOT SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN GUIDELINE VALUE. IF THE PROMOTER ADDS PROPORTIONATE DEVELOPMENT COST ON THE PRICE OF THE PUBLIC PURPOSE PLOT, THE SAME SHOULD BE APPROVED BY CMDA. AFTER THE SAID PERIOD OF ONE YEAR AND IF NONE OF THE AGENCIES PURCHASE THE RESERVED LAND FULL / PART, THE LAYOUT OWNER / DEVELOPER IS FREE TO DISPOSE OF THE SITE RESERVED FOR PUBLIC PURPOSE TO ANYBODY FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY.

please suggest me on the same sir?

SeekingForHelp (Manager)     02 August 2013

Originally posted by : raghavan

donot buy such plots meant for public purpose, the same would have been handed over to corporation or loacl panchayat by the landlord at the time of approval,and it is meant for public utility purposes, like park,playground etc.,if u buy such plots in future the assocation may file a case against u and the land lord for using public property for private purposes.

Thank you for your reply.

The builder guys are saying that those “Public purpose plot” are not  be sold for the period of one year and if  government is not taking the plot within one year then the builders has the right to sell the plot for residential purpose.

When I Check the CMDA sketch of the layout, I can find in the following condition

(II)DR RULE NO : 29 ( 8 )

THE AREA EARMARKED FOR PUBLIC PURPOSE PLOTS I TO XX (VIZ . POST AND TELEGRAPH OFFICE, POLICE STATION ETC.) WOULD REMAIN RESERVED FOR A SPECIFIC PERIOD OF ONE YEAR FROM THE DATE OF APPROVAL TO ENABLE THE GOVERNMENT DEPARTMENT CONCERNED TO NEGOTIATE WITH THE OWNER AND ACQUIRE THE RESERVED LAND IF REQUIRED FOR THEM. THE COST OF THE PLOT SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN GUIDELINE VALUE. IF THE PROMOTER ADDS PROPORTIONATE DEVELOPMENT COST ON THE PRICE OF THE PUBLIC PURPOSE PLOT, THE SAME SHOULD BE APPROVED BY CMDA. AFTER THE SAID PERIOD OF ONE YEAR AND IF NONE OF THE AGENCIES PURCHASE THE RESERVED LAND FULL / PART, THE LAYOUT OWNER / DEVELOPER IS FREE TO DISPOSE OF THE SITE RESERVED FOR PUBLIC PURPOSE TO ANYBODY FOR RESIDENTIAL USE ONLY.

Please suggest on the same sir?

M.Chandra shekar (CE)     02 August 2013

Please obtain/get official clearance from CMDA in writing submitting all the relevant documents and clearly stating the aforesaid clause.  If the CMDA permits the builder/owner to sell it for residential purpose, then, go ahead.

mc

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     04 August 2013

The are many corrupt officials, who may give clearances and approvals for a price. Later you can get evicted and your house demolished with no compensation. It would be wise to not even touch it with a barge pole.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register