LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

samuel (data entry operator)     06 September 2023

Providing accomodation for mother-in-law

I live in a house with my wife and child. My mother-in-law was living in her father's house. 10 years before her father with her consent gave the house to his son. Now her father and brother passed away few years back. But she continues to live alone in that house. Now they want her to move to my house. I don't want to accept her in my house. Can I send her to an old-age home or a separate rented house of my choice against her will instead of allowing her to live in my house. Please reply.

Learning

12 Replies

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 September 2023

Wush she had done same thin with you when  she tamed you in womb,,,, that is moral slap ,,,, you are dead already so do whatever till she slaps upon your face an application under 125 Cr PC 

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     06 September 2023

But she is his mother in law, and her daughter must be addressed with that,,, Moral science is not for souless living  dead peaople.Let him do the evil until evil is returned to him; appricaite your comments

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     06 September 2023

True, thankfully the lady had not produced such a person from his womb, Old house is better for the poor lady

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     06 September 2023

MIL can be defined as mother under 125 CrPC ? then he has to pay maintenance need amedment in secion 125 Cr PC

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 September 2023

What is the stand of wife on the issue. Is she she agreeable in abandoning her mother?

Further, does your mother-in-law holds property? What about the siblings of your wife? 

samuel (data entry operator)     06 September 2023

My wife is only child. Within one month of marriage my mother-in-law left her husband and living in her father's house. Her brother has 3,4 houses in city worth many crores. He was a govt. servant with atleast 1 lakh per month salary. He is no more now. The house where she lives is given to him. Now she alone is in that house. She is being looked after by a servant by paying Rs 8000/- per month. Of this I pay Rs3000/. She has 2 sisters. One is equally rich like her brother, the other is not married. The unmarried sister is self employed and helps her often . The medical expense and other things they ask me to pay, so far I have paid about 3,4 lakhs. Suddenly they say legally you must bear all the cost. So they will throw her out of that house and will not give any money. My wife often takes away most of my money and spend lavishly for her. She demands her daughter to visit her purchasing eatables every 2 days travelling 50 km spending Rs300/- per trip. She has property that would go for 1 or 2 lakhs nothing else. Her sisters and sister-in-law could help, but they want to make me pay because the law says only son-in-law is the one who is obliged to help. They do not like to let me live peacefully. If allowed to live in my house, she will finish everything and leave. nothing for my daughter.

P. Venu (Advocate)     06 September 2023

The posting is not worth making any suggestion.

samuel (data entry operator)     07 September 2023

So, I think I am left with no other option but accept her in my house and give everything the mother and daughter duo demands by selling all my ancestral properties until I am left with nothing to survive or face 125 CrPc. My wife all the time chatting with her relatives and her relatives' relatives in cell phone who conspire against me. Her mother talks rude of me and entertains persons in her house who are considered immoral in the public. My wife has to visit her often. She says others don't come to work for her, and my wife is ok to risk everything for her mother.

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     07 September 2023

You are not  legally bound to help her or make stay in your home, specifically if she has such mind that you apprehend she will spoil your peace. Just take care of your family first because you have moral obligation only to suppourt her but when she has an unmarried daughter even  then she should take care of her. You better keep her where she  lives just if the property is comming to your share then you may help her financailly otherwise not. Peace is at priorty and never compromise for the peace of mind. You are just not obligated as it is her daughter in law who enjoys the property to maintain her.

Nava Hazilin   08 September 2023

Take care of yourself and your loved ones before worrying about supporting her, and if she has a daughter who is still single, she should provide for her as well. only up

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     10 September 2023

This is a repeated querry with a different narration.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 September 2023

already discussed at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/looking-after-mother-in-law-230888.asp

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/forum/maintenance-for-mother-in-law-206554.asp

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register