LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Garima (Marketing Manager)     02 April 2012

Property in delhi

Hi, this question is regarding a property which exists since last 50 years. It belonged to my Grandfather whereas the Power of Attorney was on my fathers name. The property is so old that we are really not aware about its registry, power of attorney by my grand father and other things. Now my grandfather expired long time back and after that the House Tax etc started coming on my fathers name. Few years back my father also expired.

Now we dont have any legal document regarding ownership of land except for House Tax papers, property map, electricity bill, water bill. We want to sell this property please assist what all can be done and will my mother become the next legal heir of the property after my father??? If not then what can be done and from where can we get the necessary papers which will be required to sell the property.

Learning

3 Replies

sunil arya (Advocate)     02 April 2012

Ms. Garima,

As you stated that house tax, water bills and electricity bills bills have been paid in your father's name for long, and assumably the property has devolved upon you and your mother, you may certainly sell this property without any legal hurdle coming your way. But, it would be beneficial to get the property mutated in your mother's name. In the enterim period, you may give a public notice in a local daily about you having legal ownership and possession of the property. Finally, do consult your lawyer in person. 

Garima (Marketing Manager)     04 April 2012

We recently got a relinquishment deed done in favour of my Mother, is this deed good enough for us to sell the property or which other documents you would suggest to be done for the sale.

Thanks and Regards

sunil arya (Advocate)     04 April 2012

Ms. Gairma,

The relinquishment deed in favour of your mother is good enough sell the property.

sunilaryadelhi@gmail.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register