LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harpreet (Owner)     22 January 2015

Procedure to get a copy of registry of house

I want to find about the ownership details of my grandfather's house in Haryana. Presently my Uncle is living in that house with his family. He doesn't want to share that property with any of legal heirs of my grandfather and recently rebuilt the whole house from scratch without permission of other legal heirs of the property. My grandfather had 4 children: 2 sons and 2 daugthers. My grandfather expired  20 years ago without any will and my grandmother lives in our ancestral house with my uncle. My uncle wanted my father's share in ancestral house but my father hasn't given it yet. Recently i came to know that in municipal corporation records, the property tax is being paid in name of my Aunt after a public survey by municipal corporation in 2012 and nobody in family is sharing if ownership of the house has also been transferred to my Aunt's name without my father's permission or fraudulently. I tried finding about registry details/its copy (called Jamabandi) from district Tehsildar but they told me that to get a copy of the registry, i need to tell its exact date, otherwise its impossible to get it. Can anybody please help me with how to go about getting a copy of the registration certificate of my grandfather's house and its current owner. Is it possible to get it by filing a RTI in this regard with Tehsildar ?

Thanks. 

Learning

5 Replies

Jayashree Hariharan (Advocate)     22 January 2015

Pls go to the sub-registrar office and apply for EC (No encumbrance certificate) for how many years that you want to know.  It will show you who is the present owner.

Just paying tax in a person's name does not make the person the owner.

you have to know the year of sale/partition or whatever, mentionthe year and uptodate, so you will know the whole story.

if it is village, then apply for RTC or even Mutation register, that will show if there have been any changes in the ownership.

Harpreet (Owner)     23 January 2015

Thanks for your reply. I went to sub registrar office, nobody there knows about encumberence certificate & I was told that I need to provide the date of registry of house to get its copy & no other way out to get the copy of registry. I tried looking for these details in municipal corporation house tax records but couldnot get any details of registry there also, they destroy records after every 10 years.  Can you pls suggest any other way to get it. Thanks.

Harpreet (Owner)     23 January 2015

Thanks for your reply. I went to sub registrar office, nobody there knows about encumberence certificate & I was told that I need to provide the date of registry of house to get its copy & no other way out to get the copy of registry. I tried looking for these details in municipal corporation house tax records but couldnot get any details of registry there also, they destroy records after every 10 years.  Can you pls suggest any other way to get it. Thanks.

Dr_Stan (abc)     24 January 2015

Have you tried using some agent's help?

I'm sure showing them a few of Gandhijis photos will do the trick at the very same office that is refusing help right now.

Harpreet (Owner)     24 January 2015

Thanks Dr. Stan. I tried taking help of Gandhiji's photo but the response i got was that unless i tell them the year of registry, there is no scope even with Gandhiji's help and even after telling them the year of registry, they will need Gandhiji with maximum no. of zeros on a single photo per day and in return the chances are only 1% that i will get the right document. Can RTI to District revenue officer be of any help in this scenario? or if there is any other way?

Thanks.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register