Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sounder Rajan V (Advocate)     02 December 2010

PRECAUITIONS FOR SIGNING EMPLOYMENT BOND

Dear Members

Fresher or even employees with experience have to sign Bond. They are forced to sign it and have no other go.We find lot of posts on implications of Bond. It is better to take preventive steps and not repent and be in a fix later .

Before signing a Bond the following precaution needs to be taken:-

In case the Bond is to cover Training Expenses i.e. Training Bond.

i) Check on the amount of the Bond;

ii) Check up the cost of Training and whether the Employee will actually spend the amount.;

iii) See whether the liability to pay arises after the Company incurs the cost of training which shall be notified by the Employer separately;

iv) Request for proportionate reduction of the Bond amount dependent on the period of service.

In case the Bond is to cover service with the Employer for a particular period i.e. Service Bond.

i) Check the amount of the Bond. It must be reasonable and not an unreasonable amount and also the period has to be checked. This is also to be reasonable.

ii) It should also mention that it is for voluntary resignation and not for termination or forced termination by the Employer.

iii) Request for proportionate reduction of the Bond amount dependant upon the period of service.

In case of any query please do not hesitate the experts in https://www.lawyersclubindia.com

With Regards

VS Rajan Associates,
Advocates & Notaries & Legal Consultants HR
No.27, Ist Floor, Singapore Plaza,
No.164, Linghi Chetty Street,
Chennai - 600 001.
E-mail : rajanassociateslawfirm@eth.net
Off : 044-42620864, 044-65874684,
Mobile : 9840142164-9025792684-9025792634

Learning

2 Replies

RENISH RAO (ADVOCATE)     04 December 2010

Good One....

Amit Gautam (Engineer)     16 December 2010

Hi,

i am totally agree with you, an employee must consider all these facts. But, if  someone is unemployed for 2 or 3 years after completeing his gradutaion and spending hard-earned money of middle class parent, getting a job is first criteria. Moreover, he is also not aware of future consequences of signing a bond or may be he's not mature enough to know  the aftermaths of signing bonds.

Regards /-

Amit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More