LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harish   16 December 2015

Poa

I have a registred POA from my mother to sell my mother's property which is not an ancestral property. My sister has an objection to me to sell my mother's property, can she stop me from selling my mother's property and can she apply to the registrar to put her objection under the Hindu Succession Law and if so would she or her attorney need to  apply to the courts to register her objections?

Learning

3 Replies

adv.raghavan (Advocate,9444674980)     17 December 2015

If the property is your mothers, she can do what ever she wants. No one can stop her from doing., In this case she has given POA, you can go ahead and do the needful using this. Your sister can do whatever she wants, but it is not going to yield any fruitful result it will be waste of time and money.

K.S.Srinivas (Advisor (HR))     18 December 2015

If the propertyi is self acuired property of your mother,  the she has absolute right to deal with the self acquired property during her life time in whatsover manner she wants.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 December 2015

The registrar has no right to stop any transaction done by the registered POA in respect of the property in question if there is no court order restricting him form doing so.  The POA should be a registered document.As a matter of fact you re not doing anything on your own, you are acting on behalf of your mother as her agent so there is no question of legal infirmity in it. Your sister has no case or even if she files one, it will not be maintainable. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register