Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leena (nil)     19 November 2012

Please help !!!!!

Dear Sirs,

A friend of mine has made an extension of the house he owns by adding 2 rooms to the existing building.There was an empty plot at the back of his house where the extension have been made.The construction work was duly given to a contractar who mislead my friend to believe that the extension does not need a approved plan and after the construction is completed, he is to apply for revaluation to the municipality, which will be duly approved.

After a portion of construction was completed, the contractar was found to be embezelling  money and was duly removed from the project........Now the contractar, in vengence has sent an anonymous complain to the municipality,citing unauthorised construction without approved plan. First, one municipal official visited the premises with a application written in a blank paper by an anonymous person reporting the constuction and asked my friend to visit a certain person to regularise it.My friend did not visit the man in the municipality, for it was not a legal way.The head of the PWD(building) is a friend of the contractar and now he has sent a notice to my friend to stop the construction immediately and to reply in 48 hrs.

I would Please like to know as to what would be required steps to be taken by my friend to stop the undue harrasment and regularise the entire scenario????? Kindly help by showing proper guidance.

Thanking you in Advance.

Learning

2 Replies

Santosh Sharda (self)     14 December 2012

Ignorance of law is no excuse. So your contractor keeping you in the dark about regularization is your headache. 

However, you could catch hold of a good contractor/architect. He will advise you properly and himself also could follow the proper procedure to get the construction regularized, or receive permission to complete construction.

Santosh Sharda (self)     14 December 2012

Ignorance of law is no excuse. So your contractor keeping you in the dark about regularization is your headache. 

However, you could catch hold of a good contractor/architect. He will advise you properly and himself also could follow the proper procedure to get the construction regularized, or receive permission to complete construction.

This is something to be handled by an architect and contractor. Lawyer will only come into the picture if and when the municipality files a complaint against you before a magistrate.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register