Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anup Datta   29 September 2015

Please advice for non-selection

Respected Sir/Madam,

I was working in a Regional Rural Bank as Office Assistant from October 2012 to February 2015 in West Bengal. After leaving this job I had submitted RTI to know why I was not selected in Officer Scale-I post for the recruitment conducted on 2011. Written exam was held on September 2011 and interview was conducted on May 2012.

1. From first RTI I had come to know my marks obtained written: 38 and Interview: 22, i.e Total 60/100. Also, I have come to know that cut off marks was 60/100.

2. Then I have again submitted RTI to know why I was not selected though I obtained same marks as cut off. I have also asked details of the marks obtained by others as well. They refused to give details of marks obtained by others, but replied “Selection of candidates has been made on the basis of marks obtained in written examination and interview. Academic qualification was also considered in case of candidates who obtained equal marks. Total vacancies had been filled up before appearing your name on the list".

3. Since I was working on the same bank, so I do have seniority list of 2014, from which I came to know last person joined in the bank on 30.03.2013 for that recruitment as officer scale-I in General Category having academic qualification as B.Tech. She joined after declaring last list by the bank.

4. As per Regional Rural Bank Rules 2010: Education Qualification is Degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent. Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in
Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.

5. Last person joined as officer scale-I have preferential degree that is graduation in IT. But I also have preferential degree. I did post graduation in Economics.

6. Also, I am senior in age than that person. This was last recruitment where individual Regional Rural bank taking the recruitment, from 2012 IBPS is directly conducting all recruitment process. In the advertisement of IBPS it is clearly mentioned that "In the event of two or more candidates having obtained the same score, merit order is decided as per date of birth (the candidate senior in age is placed before/ above the candidate junior in age), as per the prevailing practice". But they did not even consider age of the candidates while preparing merit list.

7. I would like to know what your expert opinion on this is. Is not it injustice happen with me? Is there any reason they give the preference to that candidate than me? What should I do next?

In this regards please note that I do not have advertisement of this recruitment, so submitted another RTI to give me the copy of advertisement and also I have asked then to provide Educational Details and Date of Birth of the person/persons who were joined in the bank having same marks, though I got the same from Seniority list of 2014. Though I have written so many things, but please read this matter and advice me.

Thanks & Regards

Anup Datta

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register