Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ashish Singla 098140 76600 (Cheque Victim's Lawyer. LUDHIANA (PB))     13 December 2013

Photocopy as evidence

Hi Experts...

Yesterday my Hon'ble High Court (P&H) , laid down a principle in Surinder Kaur v Mehal Singh and Othrs Case, that  "photocopies of original documents can be admitted and can be tendered as secondary evidence in court cases, in absence of original documents which are lost or opposite party fails to produce it. But tendering party has to satisfy to concerned court that particular photocopy has been made from original at particular time and place." 

Thanks.....

Learning

5 Replies

Laxmi Kant Joshi (Advocate )     13 December 2013

This principle was already exist in the Indian evidence act .

victim need help (HOUSEWIFE)     14 December 2013

please send me d link where it is mentioned that photocopies are treated as original documents. It will help me a lot!

R Trivedi (advocate.dma@gmail.com)     14 December 2013

No, photocopies are not treated as original.

Under certain circumstances Photocopies can be admitted as secondary evidence subject to provision of The Indian Evidence Act (refer S.61++).

Nadeem Qureshi (Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com)     14 December 2013

agree with R. Trivedi

prof s c pratihar (medical practitioner &legal studies)     22 December 2013

Xerox copies of original are not accepted  for exhibit. City civil court Calcutta in a money suit directed plaintiff to file original order of high court.with great difficulty I got certified copy 1992.for govt go ld court wants to exhibit these documents provided defendant has no objection.means if court is satisfied it can accept it. Order of p& b igh court is not Obiter dicta.prof sc pratiharyy

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register