Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Passport show cause notice / impound notice

Page no : 2

vidya bhushan (student)     21 December 2014

hello 

sir/madam

My permanent address is in madhubani bihar.

I am a student at amity university noida. I am staying in noida from August 2013.I do not have any proper present address proofs.
I applied for passport mentioning I am unemployed and present address and permanent address as in madhubani bihar. At the time of police verification, I was there at madhubani and i was asked were you did you matriculation i stated patna as i completed my 10th from patna. And I told the police officer that I am a student and pursing my mba program.
three month after police verification, in the passport website it is showing "Adverse PVR SCN Possible Refusal notification has been dispatched on 2014-12-17". I can not get any present address proofs. Also I have to give my final semester exams at amity. I am searching for jobs as well. I do not know how many days I will be staying in noida.

I dont have proper present address proofs.Please suggest me what should be the further step taken by me regarding this show cause notice.

Venkatesh (Software Developer)     22 December 2014

Hi Vidya Bhushan,

Nothing to worry about this. You contact the corresponding Regional Passport Office and inform them about the situation. They will advise you to change the current address to Noida in your application, so that you will be having one more police verification at your college. If they don't advise you to change address then they will ask you to write a letter to close the application and you have to apply from Noida passport jurisdiction. Because as per the rules from MEA, you should apply your passport from the RPO where you are residing since last 6 months. You are a student now so nothing to worry about this. You don't need to pay any penalty for closing your current application. You better try to get your passport by the time you finish your education otherwise you have to put unnecessary efforts after your education to get your passport. I hope, you understand what I said.

bilas (sr superentendent)     10 January 2015

hi 

I am apply for passport on nov 2013 in kolkatta  but i dont attend the police verification because i am resinding in tamil nadu . i am again fresh aply from tamil nadu on march 2014. and i give fine rs. 5000 for previous application. and get my passport from tamil nadu on oct 2014. but now i got a show cause later from kolkatta on nov 2014 against my before applying passport file no. now i want to know . what can i do and pls tell me any effect come to my passport  for this show cause later.

pls help me

Swapan Sen (Professor)     20 March 2015

I got Passport 2 years ago. But 3 months ago I got show cause notice as Place of Birth police verification was not complete. Burt after response of SCN now  my POB verification is clear and there are no pending against my File.   How can I know My passport is clear. May I travel abroad with this Passport.

Please suggest what should I do.

adityak   14 May 2015

Dear Mr Mandar,

I am facing same issue. I received SCN letter and I replied to it by visiting RPO in person and submitting my clarification letter. Now SCN status is "Applicant reply received". Now I am supposed to travel in 2-3 weeks.

So in your case, did you face any problem in VISA process? Were you able to travel abroad in such case?

Thanks in advance.

Sambit   09 July 2015

Dear Manoj,

Yesterday I have recived similar notice from the passport office.I am also currently outside India ,in Mexico.Is it possible for you to let me know what was the outcome of your problem?

Thanks,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register