Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LSamuel (Program Officer)     21 June 2013

Passport: re-issue under tatkaal and fee refund

Dear Respected Forum members,

This is to generate your advise on the issue through which I underwent just now.

Background: My passport was due to expire in couple of weeks. A round the time of expiration of validity, there came one trip to another country for a workshop. Thus, to get the passport renewed quickly I considered to apply for re-issue under tatkaal scheme.

With tatkaal application, Annexure 'I' has to be given to declare that one is living in the present address for how long. Since until one month prior to my application I was in another state, then got transferred to Delhi, thus for the current month of application I was at my home town, from where I got my earlier passport (fresh). Thus, I declared that I am living in the present address for the last one month.

At Passport Seva Kendra (PSK), my form was processed and check by officials (of Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) as I understand that PSKs are managed or outsourced to TCS), after checking of all documents they collected the tatkaal fee Rs. 3500/- also. Later at another level of verification, which is done by passport office staffs, they said they cannot issue Tatkaal as I have stayed at two addresses in past one year. Then I offered to enclose Annexure 'F' as Verification Certificate by member of All India Services which too mentions that I stayed at another state. Even after that they refused to re-issue passport to me under tatkaal and also not willing to refund my fee paid.

My question to the august forum members is:

1. Was the refusal to Re-issue the passport was correct. As I have gone through all the documents supplied with hardcopy passport application form and also Passport Act 1967, but I could not see any provision which states so.

2. How can I get my fee refunded. It is not a matter of Rs. 3500/- but of justice.

Please guide and relieve my anguish for the system.

Thank you in advance and anticipation of lively participation please.

Sam

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register