LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soumith S M   13 August 2016

Option to go against will

Hi... My father passed away in 2003 and me, sister and mom are staying with my Grandfather ( father's dad ).... We weren't given any of my Dad's money or workplace .... The workplace is in grandfather's name ... :(.... Recently I got a chance to read the draft copy of my Grandpa's will and found that we are completely duped... Grandfather has given property worth 18 crores to my uncle and another uncle's son...and giving me a property worth 90lakhs only(that too I've to pay first 2 years rent to my uncle )...What can I do to claim my right ? This is pure injustice....:( If this will comes to force, all our lives will get shattered...someone please help...👛🙏

Learning

4 Replies

Soumith S M   13 August 2016

18 crores to each one

saravanan s (legal advisor)     14 August 2016

Since it's in grandfathers name you can't lay any claim over the property and he will is free to give anyone his property.

Augustine Chatterjee,New Delhi (Advocate & Solicitor at Law)     14 August 2016

Unless you can manage to prove that the said will is a product of any malpractise or any illegality, the same holds force. But no one can turn you out of the said house based on that wil without getting a proper order from the court. You shall also be given an opportunity to be heard during those proceedings.

Augustine Chatterjee

Advocate & Solicitor at Law

M. MASUTTU ALI (Lawyer)     21 August 2016

Will come to force after the demise of the testator. If your grand father alive try to change the will. If your grand father expired, Court is the only remedy. burden of prove the will lies on your uncle. If he fails to prove it the will has no effect. Equal share will be to your father and your uncle.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register