LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Atharv Sankliya   10 May 2023

on which type of property hindu succession act applies

on which type of property hindu succession act 1956 applies ancestral property or self acquired property

Learning

10 Replies

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     10 May 2023

Dear Querist

HSA applies on all Hindus, Buddhists, Jainas or Sikhs by religion for the devolution of their properties (self acquired and ancestral) after their death intestate.

Feel free to contact for further clarifications.

Regards
Mohit Chahal
Advocate
WhatsApp No. 9968911099

https://mohitchahaladvocate.business.site

1 Like

so sir if a male hindu died intestate , having a son, daughter and a widow then who is entitled to get the self acquired property of such male?

Adv. Mohit Chahal (Advocate)     10 May 2023

1/3 rd share each to Widow, Son , Daughter
1 Like

but sir in an case judgment I found this
Failing male issue, therefore, a widow takes the self-acquired property of her husband. No doubt, on the failure of male issue and a widow, the daughter would take
sir please clarify what does it mean

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2023

HSA is applicable for the properties left behind by the deceased Hindu owner irrespctive of the property being a self acquired property or ancestral property.

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     11 May 2023

Yes,Hindu Succession  Act applies to properties left by deceased Hindu owner.Act applies on  both self and ancestral properties.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 May 2023

It is better to give facts of the case instaed of conducting viva exam of experts.

1 Like

Niharika Lohan   13 May 2023

Hi Atharv, I'm Niharika Lohan, an advocate practising in New Delhi. I've read your query and here is my take on it.

Hindu Succession Act, 1956 applies on all properties of a Hindu, which means both self acquired property and ancestral/inherited property.

A Hindu for the purpose of this act means and includes, all Hindus, Buddhists, Jainas or Sikhs by religion and by conversion as well.

I hope this information yields fruitful to you and in case you require further guidance, you can contact me via email at niharikalohan@yahoo.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 May 2023

Giving exam or some real problem / concern / dispute and your locus standi qua question paper is concealed / missing.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 May 2023

come with facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register