Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

K. GOPALAKRISHNAN (ADVOCATE)     19 August 2011

Old flat

Hi there,

I owing a flat in Chennai.  I bought it as a resale flat which is 16 years old.  The building is in dilapidated condition.  The plastering of the outer walls had came off and it is looking as debris.  The co-flat owners are not co-operating for renovation of the building either. Now, I wanted to sell the flat, but because of the poor maintenance and condition of the flat, I get only very low offers and the present market value of the new flat is Rs.4000/- per sq.ft.  Hence, I am not in a position to dispose off of the flat as I am in urgent requirement of money to settle my earlier debts and other exgencies. If we live in the above flat there would be fair chance of danger of person and property.  The Apartment is upon 4500 sq.ft of land and my proportionate undivided share is 425 sq.ft.  The Apartment is upon 4500 sq.ft of land and my proportionate undivided share is 425 sq.ft. Moreover, there is no Owners Association for the above apartment.

All I wanted to know whom I should approach to seek an order for demolish of the said flat stating the above said fact of danger and before that what should I do?  Please advise suitably and immediately.

Regards

Gopal

Learning

1 Replies

pervez (adviser)     19 August 2011

You may have to take up the matter with Chennai Metropolitan Authority for the same.... Municiple authorities have such jurisdiction.. what about other residents of the same building... after demolition u will get land of 450 sq.ft. only.. who will then re-construct the whole building... whether all owners will agree..?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register