Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

annamika   06 July 2022

Obc certificate validity

Dear sir/ ma'am,
I was born in Bihar in 2000, but my family moved to delhi in 2005. I have Adhar card with address as Delhi. However, I belong to OBC category list of Bihar (and not Delhi). Can I obtain an OBC certificate of Bihar, although my permanent address is Delhi in all of my govt. ID documents? I need to apply for education institutions in Delhi. Please help. Thank you.

Learning

3 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     07 July 2022

If your caste is in the BC list of Bihar, this reservation applies to only Bihar state and not DELHI.  Reservation depends on the dept State/Central list of Backward classes.  A certificate has to be obtained from the place of residence, however, if you have some attachment of relatives/any properties, you can try for obtaining such a certificate from the Tehsildar of that area, based on your caste shown in the qualification certificate or VRO inquiry at the place you originally belonged to.  If you have an association of your caste you can seek guidance from them in Delhi.

Mahi Manchanda   07 July 2022

Hi,

Ther are two types of OBC certificates. One that is approved by central government and one that i sapproved by state government. If your certificate is approved by central government then it should work in Delhi as well. If you have a state certificate of Bihar it will not work for Delhi and you will need for an OBC certificate of Delhi.

I hope this helps,

Have a good day.

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     07 July 2022

The cast certificate of your father is mandatory. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register