LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sai (nil)     12 October 2012

Nri divorce

I was an indian citizen married with NRI(singaporean) in india and registered in india.after that i went to singapore then separated in few mnths after hat i got divorce under the ground of 4yrs separation from singapore court.at the time of divorce i got singapore citizen.is this divorce valid in india in indian court.how to make it valid?
i married an indian citizen in india and registered in india also.he came to india and married another girl and have a kid when i was singapore.he file a divorce here and he is saying that i should get a divorce from indian court only.that divorce is not valid.

Learning

1 Replies

Mrinal Madhav (Partner)     12 October 2012

Sai,

i am sorry but your querry is not at all clear. You have to state whether divorce was granted by an Indian Court or not, and more importantly whether you are wanting one or not. If an Indian Divorce is must in your case, you have also to realise that as per Special Marriage Act, (i am assuming, your marriage was performed as per this act ) the other person can not marry again without a divorce or without having a living married partner without a divorce. That would be an offence. So,may be you should be more clear in stating what exactly is your problem and what are you looking for.

Mrinal Madhav

Advocate

mrinal@knmlegal.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register