Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Need advise to get experience letter and relieving order

Page no : 2

Kumar Doab (FIN)     30 July 2011

Learned Mr. Raj Kumar Makkad has given his advice in this post.

You can submit request for  service certificate under contract law. Your local lawyer can help you.In service certificate company mentions period of service designation. You are not asking for conduct certificate.

You can also visit o/o Labor Comissione with your query and records and an experienced staff can brief you on various options..

Prabhu Shankar (System Operations Lead Specilaist)     02 August 2011

Hi Kumar and Raj,

Finally my concern agreed to give experience letter. Today I got the mail from them. I am very much happy that my 3 years and 9 months experience saved. Thanks for help and advise.Without that I couldn't get this. Thanks Kumar and Raj. I will not forget you in my life ever. Thanks once again.

1 Like

vishal (software engineer)     21 August 2011

Hi Prabhu,

I'm about to face a similar issue with IBM bangalore(joined in 2008), can you please let me know the following information: Did they mention anything about you termination in the service letter, whom did you mail for getting the relieving letter .

kumar and raj,

would i be able to apply for another company after getting terminated

-vishal

Kumar Doab (FIN)     21 August 2011

Dear Vishal,

Kindly post details e.g.

-Have you been terminated? Is there any reason of termination mentioned in the termination order? If the termination order was bad it is better to contest it.

Many of the employees have been able to successfully contest the bad termination order and companies do recall the termination order.

-Are you being threatened with termination?

-Are you absconding? If yes what are the reasons? It is better to not to abscond and handle the situation now and avoid termination.

In service certificate the company usually mentions only the name designation address of the Ex. Employee and period of service. Company shall avoid mentioning “terminated” or reason of termination. In conduct Certificate Company may mention so.

Company shall avoid any situation in which employee can charge the order as stigmatic.

However reference check is a reality now a day. Past or prospective employer may never give in writing that in reference check reason of separation was mentioned as termination.

A zealous employer/HR may approach new employer and disclose employee was terminated and may give bad feedback, and this can result in unpleasant circumstances.

While the employee is scouting for job, in employment forms reason of separation is to be mentioned, if the candidate mentions “terminated’ majority of the employer may refrain from employing the candidate, and if the candidate conceals the correct reason he/she may get charged later.

Thus company may not mention reason of termination in termination order but may continue to chase the employee by giving negative feedback.

Therefore if you feel it appropriate you may post the details in the forum.

If you wish to obtain service certificate only you may read the entire post and act accordingly.

tezz (abc)     14 May 2012

Hi Kumar and Raj,

Finally my concern agreed to give experience letter. Today I got the mail from them. I am very much happy that my 3 years and 9 months experience saved. Thanks for help and advise.Without that I couldn't get this. Thanks Kumar and Raj. I will not forget you in my life ever. Thanks once again.

Hi Kumar, Raj, PrabhuShankar

Good to hear from prabhu shankar that you have recieved the relieving letter. I am also in the same problem you explained earlier.

Can you pls advise me in getting the relieving letter as i have been terminated due to shortfall of serving  noticeperiod from my end.I serverd few daysof notice out of  90 days noticeperiod.I had mentioned that I am ready to buy notice period and also requested to adjust my available leaves against my notice period. but nothing was agreed by manager. For terminated employees company refuse to issue reliving letter. please advise...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     14 May 2012

@tezz,

Kindly start a new thread always.

It appears from your post that you had submitted notice of resignation.

You has submitted another representation that you want to buy out notice period and to adjust leave against notice period. This was stated in notice of resignation or by another communication, and it was stated in writing or verbally , and do you have the acknowledgment? have you communicated with your manager in writing under acknowledgment or verbally? Did you request the good offices to let you examine your personnel file, in writing?

Company has terminated your service while you were serving notice period. Has the company stated any reason of termination in termination order?

Kindly post all the relevant details for better understanding.

sravankumar bvs   03 September 2015

HI all,

Happy to see good response from Experts

I am having issue to get service releving letter form CSS (chennai) i have worked in CSS during Oct-5th 2007 to Apr 30 th 2008 have absconded due to health reason later i have totally ignored and got job as fresher and now holding exp of  7 years but today i got offer from IBM and they are asking me to get the Service releving letter form CSS  when i have checked with CSS they says my service has been terminated  they cannot provide 

please suggesst me how to approach 

Cheers

sravankumar bvs

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 September 2015

@ Sravankumar bvs,

Service Certificate has to be issued to all employees.

If you had posted resignation, notice of resignation, final resignation by post send them a copy and contest the termiantion as well.

In Chennai and elsewhere the IT/ITeS employees have done a wonderful job.

You may thke their help and help of an able Labor Law Consultant.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register